Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 08:21
    Dear Duchess - This is a chess site. Just to for the sake of variety, why don't you take small break from your crusade against the evil white man, and consider reinstating your long expired membership here and enter a tournament or two. The intellectual stimulation that comes from exploring the intricacies of the Meran Semi-Slav, or the French Winawer can be most rewarding. It seems you've not played a game of chess here in over 5 1/2 years, and while reminding us all that the white man is the most putrid pile of odorous excrement ever to slink from the bowels of this planet is rewarding in itself, perhaps a small respite from this noble endeavour would allow you to gather more material with which to enrich our lives once again.
    🙂
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 08:28
    @mchill said
    Dear Duchess - This is a chess site. Just to for the sake of variety, why don't you take small break from your crusade against the evil white man, and consider reinstating your long expired membership here and enter a tournament or two. The intellectual stimulation that comes from exploring the intricacies of the Meran Semi-Slav, or the French Winawer can be most rewarding. It ...[text shortened]... eavour would allow you to gather more material with which to enrich our lives once again.
    🙂
    To be fair, Duchy has expressed a disinclination to play on the site until it does something about the rampant engine cheating on RHP. I certainly agree that it is a problem that the Site Admins seem to have thrown up their hands at in surrender and for some years I didn't play here either.

In preparation for an ill-fated OTB comeback last year I did start playing again here but I generally limit myself to long haul tourneys. Cheats aren't interested in those as far as I can tell; they want the immediate, though ill-deserved gratification, of quick wins against actually better players.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 08:342 edits
    @no1marauder said
    To be fair, Duchy has expressed a disinclination to play on the site until it does something about the rampant engine cheating on RHP. I certainly agree that it is a problem that the Site Admins seem to have thrown up their hands at in surrender and for some years I didn't play here either.

In preparation for an ill-fated OTB comeback last year I did start playing agai ...[text shortened]... ant the immediate, though ill-deserved gratification, of quick wins against actually better players.

To be fair, Duchy has expressed a disinclination to do much of anything here except hammer home her hatred of white males. I thought after 5+ years of this rewarding endeavour, a small break in the action might be in order. I don't like engine cheats anymore than you do, however one can improve their play while competing with an engine with a little imagination.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 09:26
    @mchill said

To be fair, Duchy has expressed a disinclination to do much of anything here exce ...[text shortened]... ou do, however one can improve their play while competing with an engine with a little imagination.
    yet you ignore the liberal attacks on straight white males.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 10:27
    @mchill

Who says you have to play chess to have an opinion? The forums are very lively; the site probably wouldn't survive without them. I see no reason to require paid membership, or an active game, for participation in the forums.

I do think more decorum is called for, particularly from certain posters, and will boycott those who repeatedly exercise poor judgment in their manner of addressing other posters.

Finally, any member can start a club or clan, set up a private forum, invite whomever he pleases, and keep out the riffraff.

My two cents worth.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 06:00
    @mchill said
    Dear Duchess - This is a chess site. Just to for the sake of variety, why don't you take small break from your crusade against the evil white man, and consider reinstating your long expired membership here and enter a tournament or two. The intellectual stimulation that comes from exploring the intricacies of the Meran Semi-Slav, or the French Winawer can be most rewarding. It ...[text shortened]... eavour would allow you to gather more material with which to enrich our lives once again.
    🙂
    i think you've cracked it watson, no balanxe