1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 03:35
    Please answer top 1 to 3 in order and bottom 1 to 3 of each category where appropriate...
    or at least top one or two if you can think of only certain names.
    (optional, what you think any such individual can do to improve or had done to earn t heir spot, or describe for example what type of commedy or why you think poorly of such debating...)

Best debater (logic and convincing, persuasive)
    Top-

Worst debater (doesn't seem to understand or can only resort to name-calling, or just plain can't make a decent argument)
    Top-

Funniest debater
    Top -
    Least -

Most annoying/abnoxious debater:
    Top -
    Least -

Most respected opponent:
    Top -

Least respected opponent:
    Top -

and the winners are....
  2. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:26
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Please answer top 1 to 3 in order and bottom 1 to 3 of each category where appropriate...
    (optional, what you think any such individual can do to improve or had done to earn t heir spot, or describe for example what type of commedy or why you think poorly of such debating...)

Best d ...[text shortened]... t respected opponent:
    Top -

Top -

and the winners are....
    I can start it off, but let's get some sort of feed back around here where everyone can compliment or constructively criticize anyone else... yes, I'm an open target having started this thread too...

Best debaters (logic and convincing, persuasive)
    Top- I'll include some good ones overall that are all generally respectable but some I forget: telerion, kazet nagorian, sh76. All seem logical and not too abrasive.

Worst debater (doesn't seem to understand or can only resort to name-calling, or just plain can't make a decent argument)
    Top- Seitse and FMF have got to step up their logical games, nothing personal, my true opinion, they need to study the whole If A = B and B=C then... types of basics. Could do a whole lot less resorting to personal attacks and name calling too! Just calls for some counters sometimes.

Funniest debater
    Top -zeeblebot cracks me up, so does the recent joe beyser post, that's comedy.
    Least - not sure

Top -SEITSE! Just has to put on an unconvincing display of superiority... just invites someone to kick the soapbox he's standing on.
    Least - not sure

Most respected opponent:
    Top - not sure recently

Top -Sam the Sham, what a shame to see so much racism oozing from his posts...
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:301 edit
    I see you're angry, dude, and hence you're starting the stalking thing, which is out of the TOS of this site.

Take it like a man, grow a pair, damn it. I made you look like an idiot several times, same as Palynka and FMF did with you on other issues.

So? Live with it. This is just an internet site. Grow up.
  4. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I see you're angry, dude, and hence you're starting the stalking thing, which is out of the TOS of this site.

Take it like a man, grow a pair, damn it. I made you look like an idiot several times, same as Palynka and FMF did with you on other issues.

So? Live with it. This is just an internet site. Grow up.
    (Shakes head in disappointment at Seitse again)

Why would you be worth the time and trouble to do more than to occasionally include you in a debate?

What do you mean in this post making a false interpretation and suggesting your false attack is in the terms of service, then being hypocritical enough to tell someone ELSE to take it like a man... did you every try practicing what you preach?

You didn't make anyone look bad, in fact, it's easy to look good by comparison with you, but I have higher standards. On the other hand, you and I can agree that you and FMF have a lot in common... and Palynka I would agree does not quite have the nack for economics that he would like to claim, but I can't say that he is down at your level. Even FMF manages to keep some respectability, especially by comparison with you. Nevertheless, I wish you both the best of luck in your new found friendship/relationship.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 07:482 edits
    You're making too much of an effort, dude. And you're really making a fool out of yourself.

Long posts, angry posts, targetting, etc. Seriously, grow a pair.

I don't think the debates forum is the right place for you, son.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 16:40

Top -

Top -

and the winners are....
    Top-

scriabin.

Top-

No1maraunder

Funniest debater
    Top -
    Least -

top- granny
    least- sushill

Top -
    Least -

top- FMF
    least- scherzo (he changed his mind several times)
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 16:514 edits

Best d

Top -
    Least -

Top -

and the winners are....
    Okay; what the heck? Let's do this.

Top-
    Being 100% honest (very difficult) No1Maurauder, Scriabin and FMF come off to me and the three most penetrating debaters. All 3 have some problems (No1 is sometimes too hot-headed, Scriabin is sometimes too emotional and FMF doesn't understand the importance of being nice or showing respect to fellow posters), but all 3 present well thought out, researched and penetrating arguments (most of the time).*

Worst debater: I don't really want to answer that one

Funniest debater: Shavixmir (assuming his self-loathing bit is an act)

Most annoying/abnoxious debater: No comment

Most respected opponent:
    Top - KazetNagorra (easy to discuss things with in a civil manner); No1Marauder (not always so easy to discuss things with in a civil manner, but fun to debate nonetheless)

Least respected opponent: If I didn't respect someone, I wouldn't grant him the honor of calling him an opponent.

New categories:

Gutsiest posters:

Generalissimo, Whodey and eljefejesus: All three are basically used as punching bags on these boards and keep coming back for more. All three stick to their guns no matter how many insults are hurled at them. Yeah; they dish it out too sometimes, but I'd say their take it/give it ratio is something like 3:1.

Favorite poster on all of RHP: Greenpawn34. Not even close. 🙂

Apologies to all who got left out.

* Disclaimer: The fact that I'm a lawyer probably has something to do with this ranking.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 17:03

and the winners are....
    Top- uzless

Top- palynka

Funniest debater
    Top -uzless

Top - uzless!!!

Most respected opponent:
    Top - telerion

Top - everyone else
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 09:30
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(😳😳😳:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

nobody loves meeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(😳😳😳:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

nobody loves meeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hereby nominate KMAX as the best, worst, most respected and least respected, and funniest debator.

Edit: Please don't think his previous post had anything to do with this nomination.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 12:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    Generalissimo, Whodey and eljefejesus: All three are basically used as punching bags on these boards and keep coming back for more. All three stick to their guns no matter how many insults are hurled at them. Yeah; they dish it out too sometimes, but I'd say their take it/give it ratio is something like 3:1.
    Gee thanks.....I think.

Anyway, if I didn't like the abuse so much I guess I woundn't keep coming back. 😛
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 13:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Gee thanks.....I think.
    😉

PS: In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have participated in this. There are so many great posters on these boards that I left out. I don't want to start listing them now because then, invariably, I'm going to leave more people out. Frankly, this is one of the most intelligent message boards I've seen in the wild wild World of the net (that's not saying a whole lot, but still) and I enjoy frequenting these boards.

Suffice it to say, with a few notable exceptions (and, by and large, you know who you are), I would list most of the posters here on a list of "top posters."
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 07:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I hereby nominate KMAX as the best, worst, most respected and least respected, and funniest debator.

Edit: Please don't think his previous post had anything to do with this nomination.
    why thnx. obviously the mood you're in at the time of posting, largely influences the quality, and whether i have a strong opinion either way on the topic at hand.

I must admit I take my hat off to those debaters ( we know who you are ) who tend to maintain a consistently serious online persona. I don't know how they manage to keep a straight face and continue to do it. I know I certainly can't maintain that sort of consistent disciplined worldview. It would lead to me looking grumpy and po-faced anyway, and my vast legion of female admirers deserve better than that. 😛
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 17:15
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay; what the heck? Let's do this.

Top-
    Being 100% honest (very difficult) No1Maurauder, Scriabin and FMF come off to me and the three most penetrating debaters. All 3 have some problems (No1 is sometimes too hot-headed, Scriabin is sometimes too emotional and FMF doesn't understand the importance of being n ...[text shortened]...
    * Disclaimer: The fact that I'm a lawyer probably has something to do with this ranking.
    Gutsiest posters:

Generalissimo

Well, I stick for my guns because Im usually right, Im not being stubborn.

no matter how many insults are hurled at them

yeah, you gotta fight all those kool-aid drinkers in the forum.
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 20:17

Top -

Top -

and the winners are....
    Best: FMF
    Worst: Sam the Sham
    Funniest: Granny
    Least funny: sh76
    Most annoying/obnoxious: Scriabin
    Least "/": spurs73
    Most respected: Probably Scriabin again
    Least ": Yours truly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree