1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 18:25
    President Obama recently referred to the Republican proposition to leave tax rates where they are all at for EVERYONE as being hostage takers. In other words, the Republicans insist that both rich and poor and meek and arrogant be left alone in terms of raising taxes above their current levels. So because the Democrats wish to raise taxes only on those they consider "rich", they are forced into making the decision to let the Republicans have their way to leave all Americans alone in terms of taxation or force all Americans to pay higher taxes.

I suppose painting them as terrorists is better than painting them as Nazi's, but if you ask me, the federal government is holding the entire country hostage and has been for some time. For example, do you all remember when we were told that TARP needed to be passed, or else? In short, a gun was pointed at the nations economic head if they did not give tax payer money to corporate America.

So should we equate those in Washington as terrorists or is this just over the top Obama drama? If they are terrorists, what should be done with them?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 18:55
    Figure of speech, whodey. Figure of speech.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 19:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    that is a novel concept to our paranoid little friend, his vision is blinded by the hysteria all around.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 19:51
    To me words are not really a big deal; I imagine it is just a poor word choice.

However, it is noteworthy that many liberals do not look the other way if the poor word choice criticized issues near and dear to their hearts such as those which invoke images of slavery or questioned someone's sexual orientation.
  5. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 01:54
    If Obama thought that Republicans were terrorists, he'd treat us a whole lot better than he's been treating us since before he even took office. He hates Republicans (specifically, conservatives) far more than he could ever hate any genuine terrorist.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 03:212 edits
    If Obama says such things it is a figure of speech but if Whodey uses them then he is a looney bird. Do I have this right? In addition, does such inflammatory drival contribute to in any way?

All I can say is that he welcomed to divide and conquer if he so wishes, and what a divided nation he has helped form.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 03:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    If Obama says such things it is a figure of speech but if Whodey uses them then he is a looney bird. Do I have this right? In addition, does such inflammatory drival contribute to in any way?

All I can say is that he welcomed to divide and conquer if he so wishes, and what a divided nation he has helped form.
    Its stunning is it not whodey? Sarah Palin says "we got them in our sights" and these radical let wing progressive loons say she is inciting violence! No "figure of speech" when its a conservative!
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 05:32

So should we equate those in Washington as terrorists or is this just over the top Obama drama? If they are terrorists, what should be done with them?
    What do you recommend doing with terrorists?
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 05:59
    President Obama recently referred to the Republican proposition to leave tax rates where they are all at for EVERYONE as being hostage takers. In other words, the Republicans insist that both rich and poor and meek and arrogant be left alone in terms of raising taxes above their current levels. So because the Democrats wish to raise taxes only on those they ...[text shortened]... s this just over the top Obama drama? If they are terrorists, what should be done with them?
    For example, do you all remember when we were told that TARP needed to be passed, or else?

I seem to recall John Boehner pleading in tears…
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 06:17
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Its stunning is it not whodey? Sarah Palin says "we got them in our sights" and these radical let wing progressive loons say she is inciting violence! No "figure of speech" when its a conservative!
    “We got em in our sights!” Let me just say, as a lefty progressive—figure of speech! Geez.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 11:34
    If Sarah Palin has her sights on me I'm getting a chasity belt.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 13:21
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What do you recommend doing with terrorists?
    Send them to Afghanistan where they belong of course. Geesh!!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 13:22
    Originally posted by vistesd
    “We got em in our sights!” Let me just say, as a lefty progressive—figure of speech! Geez.
    OK everyone. Put vistesd down as as terrorist sympathizer I suppose. 😛
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 19:21
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Who are these unnamed left wing progressive loons you speak of?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree