Arieli's plan for Israel

Arieli's plan for Israel

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

silicon valley

Moves
14 Feb 10

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fiskrsquos-world-arieli-is-a-man-with-a-plan-the-trouble-is-its-a-map-of-israel-1898173.html

Robert Fisk’s World: Arieli is a man with a plan. The trouble is, it's a map of Israel

Saturday, 13 February 2010

silicon valley

Moves
14 Feb 10

And Jerusalem? Arieli produces an even more beflecked map. He would have it divided up on demographic lines. The Old City, a mere 2.5sq km containing more than 100 holy sites of all religions, could also be ruled internationally, governed under the old UN partition plan with an international committee composed of Israel, the US, Palestine, Egypt, Jordan – and maybe Morocco. "Sovereignty belongs to God, so we have to deal with this challenge."

s

At the Revolution

Moves
14 Feb 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot

And Jerusalem? Arieli produces an even more beflecked map. He would have it divided up on demographic lines. The Old City, a mere 2.5sq km containing more than 100 holy sites of all religions, could also be ruled internationally, governed under the old UN partition plan with an international committee composed of Israel, the US, Palestine, Egypt, Jo ...[text shortened]... d maybe Morocco. "Sovereignty belongs to God, so we have to deal with this challenge."

Egypt and Jordan, not to mention Morocco, have no say in Palestinian politics.

silicon valley

Moves
14 Feb 10

it's a proposal, i.e., something proposed for the future.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
14 Feb 10

it's a proposal, i.e., something proposed for the future.
I mean, they have no right to have a say in Palestinian politics.

HG

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by scherzo
You are right of course, but where has anyone else gotten with this situation?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
You are right of course, but where has anyone else gotten with this situation?
Nowhere. Given the stunning failure of the peace process I'm hoping that somebody will start anew without any of the corruption and dictatorships that have plagued the last few decades.

silicon valley

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by scherzo
of course they have a right. Egypt and Jordan share borders with the nuclear power that the Palestines beard continually.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Feb 10

of course they have a right. Egypt and Jordan share borders with the nuclear power that the Palestines beard continually.
Jordan doesn't even have a right to exist. As for Egypt ... Sadat and Mubarak mishandled the conflict to the point where they need a good ousting.