1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 02:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I kinda doubt it:

Lokey, who said he wrote much of the site’s political content, claimed there was pressure to frame issues in a way he felt was disingenuous. “I tried to inject as much truth as I could into my posts, but there’s no room for it. “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. [b]Vladimir Putin=greatest ...[text shortened]... erg.com/news/articles/2016-04-29/unmasking-the-men-behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog
    Yes I agree one has to filter out certain perspectives, but that should not detract from empirical evidence, should it. For example take the evidence for the Russkies hacking, the article itself was peppered with conjecture and a political slant, however the actual data on what the security services had presented and its analysis was excellent. If one does not buy into it wholesale its good stuff, but unfortunately not all its readers happen to be as objective as me.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 02:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I can assure you I have NO intention of going anywhere in America except the South!
    Of course. Where else would an immigrant redneck go?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 03:045 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Of course. Where else would an immigrant redneck go?
    You don't understand, ever since I read Huckleberry Finn as a kid I have always wanted to see the Mississippi. I just don't like big cities, sorry, they do nothing for me. Does the Brooklyn bridge span the Mississippi, No? then I am not going there.

Where else would an immigrant redneck go? New York! Where else? its full of Irish!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 03:21
    You don't understand, ever since I read Huckleberry Finn as a kid I have always wanted to see the Mississippi. I just don't like big cities, sorry, they do nothing for me. Does the Brooklyn bridge span the Mississippi, No? then I am not going there.

Where else would an immigrant redneck go? New York! Where else? its full of Irish!
    New York, NY doesn't even make the Top 10 in Cities with the highest percentage of Irish Americans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Irish-American_populations

In fact: Irish-Americans make up just 5% of the New York metro population overall- less than the national average and only one-quarter the share in Boston

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jed-kolko/americas-most-irish-towns_b_2885335.html

My Metro area does come in 4th.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 04:53
    You don't understand, ever since I read Huckleberry Finn as a kid I have always wanted to see the Mississippi.
    I hear it's fun on a raft. Are you a good swimmer?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:39
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I hear it's fun on a raft. Are you a good swimmer?
    Yes an excellent swimmer! but i don't plan on going on a raft, a riverboat steamer is more my thing. I don't think a ruffian with your course manners would last a day in the South! You are liable to get yourself shot in a duel with such churlish boorish behaviour!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 14:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    New York, NY doesn't even make the Top 10 in Cities with the highest percentage of Irish Americans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Irish-American_populations

In fact: Irish-Americans make up just 5% of the New York metro population overall- less than the national average and only one-quarter the share in Boston

http:// ...[text shortened]... onpost.com/jed-kolko/americas-most-irish-towns_b_2885335.html

My Metro area does come in 4th.
    well there goes another misconception, thanks for that!
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 16:29
    Yes I agree one has to filter out certain perspectives, but that should not detract from empirical evidence, should it. For example take the evidence for the Russkies hacking, the article itself was peppered with conjecture and a political slant, however the actual data on what the security services had presented and its analysis was excellent. If ...[text shortened]... wholesale its good stuff, but unfortunately not all its readers happen to be as objective as me.
    ...but unfortunately not all its readers happen to be as objective as me.

Ha ha, good one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree