Originally posted by joe beyser
    I realized that before I saw this post๐Ÿ™‚
    ๐Ÿ˜€ Nighty night.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 17:435 edits
    I am being serious here. What you say about parents not being informed about aborion yet have to sign off on lesser procedures shows evidence of an evil eugenics agenda. Most folks on this site don't go along with such conspiracy theorys(as they call it). What else could explain this? I am glad this didn't happen to the writer of the thread as now it can ...[text shortened]... going on Whodey? Why is there deliberate confusion to when a human being comes into existence?
    I don't see a "eugenics agenda" being involved

The main "agenda" behind the pro-abortion has been women's rights - the woman's right to do as she wishes to her "own body" - and beyond that, a woman's right to determine how many children she will have, and when she will have them. Many pro-choicers believe that pro-lifers are driven mainly by a desire to keep women "barefoot and in the kitchen".

Beyond that, many people support abortion because it's a lot more "convenient" than going through the "botheration" of 9 months of pregnancy, and then all the logistics of giving the baby up for adoption, or the ordeal of keeping a baby that was never "wanted" to begin with and raising it. It also allows many (especially teenagers and their parents) to avoid having to explain to everyone why they were so sexually irresponsible.

The pro-life movement needs to focus a LOT MORE on showing that they respect women's rights, and understand the hardships that many pregnant women face, especially when those women are teens, single, poor, and-or just not ready to be a mother. And they can't think that abortions will end simply by overturning Roe v Wade and passing a few laws.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 17:57
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I don't see a "eugenics agenda" being involved

The main "agenda" behind the pro-abortion has been women's rights - the woman's right to do as she wishes to her "own body" - and beyond that, a woman's right to determine how many children she will have, and when she will have them. Many pro-choicers believe that pro-lifers are driven mainly by a desire t ...[text shortened]... abortions will end simply by overturning Roe v Wade and passing a few laws.
    I don't know if the pro lifers camp is made up of the keep women barefoot and in the kichen sort. Some is religious oriented I know and some is just people with a concience. The part of it that makes me wonder is that kids can have a major medical procedure done without parents consent. What is the reasoning behind this?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:191 edit
    I don't know if the pro lifers camp is made up of the keep women barefoot and in the kichen sort. Some is religious oriented I know and some is just people with a concience. The part of it that makes me wonder is that kids can have a major medical procedure done without parents consent. What is the reasoning behind this?
    The two sides just don't trust each other very much. I think many in the pro-choice camp fear that if they give in on some little thing, the pro-lifers will move in and trample on a whole host of "women's rights" issues. Just as many pro-lifers think that pro-choicers all think that abortion is an absolutely wonderful thing.

I believe there's a lot of common ground -- I'd love to see a "choose life" movement arise that links both sides in working to persuade pregnant women to choose to have the baby, and offering all possible means of support to them.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:30
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    The two sides just don't trust each other very much. I think many in the pro-choice camp fear that if they give in on some little thing, the pro-lifers will move in and trample on a whole host of "women's rights" issues. Just as many pro-lifers think that pro-choicers all think that abortion is an absolutely wonderful thing.

I believe there's a lot of ...[text shortened]... nt women to choose to have the baby, and offering all possible means of support to them.
    I like that idea as well. It seems odd to me that technology has advanced so far that people can toil all their life and still barely eek by. The imbalance of society and greed have contributed to a hostile world for many. Common ground is the place to start. A world where people have children and can support them, is what most people would probably choose. Abortion is kind of like the onion. The problem manifests itself as abortion in one of the outer rings. We neet to get to the problem at the center. Still got that pesky kids having abortions without the parents knowledge issue gnawing at me.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 18:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    You have to realize, that this is a very, very touchy issue. ANY legislation that could be deemed prolife is a big no, no in many political correct countries around the world. The risk is, if you give them an inch they will take a mile I suppose. Heck, the the US underage girls don't even have to tell their parents they are going for an abortion but if the ...[text shortened]... er dead. Sadly, the parents had no legal recourse.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
    God apparently wanted that fetus/baby dead didn't he? It wasn't an abortion or murder...
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 04:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    God apparently wanted that fetus/baby dead didn't he? It wasn't an abortion or murder...
    Your god probably does.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 07:53
    Your god probably does.
    I have no God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree