Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    20 Aug '11 14:37
    http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/

Dare I say that the Canaanites, the Mongol hordes and the Holy Roman Empire should be on that list too...

ba dum tshshshshsh
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Aug '11 14:58
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Bachmann says the Soviet Union is a threat to the US
    Which of the 57 states of the U.S. is it the most threat to?
  3. 20 Aug '11 15:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which of the 57 states of the U.S. is it the most threat to?
    I'm assuming you're being facetious?
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Aug '11 15:05
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I'm assuming you're being facetious?
    I'm assuming you're champing at the bit.
  5. 20 Aug '11 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm assuming you're champing at the bit.
    Not at all. I would just be very surprised if you actually thought Bachmann opining the Soviet Union is a threat is comparable to a verbal slip by Obama when he said 57 instead of 47.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Aug '11 15:11
    Not at all. I would just be very surprised if you actually thought Bachmann opining the Soviet Union is a threat is comparable to a verbal slip by Obama when he said 57 instead of 47.
    Yep. As I thought. I hear champing.
  7. 20 Aug '11 15:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yep. As I thought. I hear champing.
    You hear champing, I see trolling.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Aug '11 15:19 / 2 edits
    You hear champing, I see trolling.
    I don't think Bachmann's error during a radio interview means very much. You do. I rate your OP much the same as TheBloop's efforts.

Edit: Oops, not your OP, sorry. I think adam warlock's bum ta tish tish sums it up. U.S. political tittle tattle. Worth a snigger. Like Obama's and Biden's and Quayle's and GW's slips.
  9. 20 Aug '11 16:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think Bachmann's error during a radio interview means very much. You do. I rate your OP much the same as TheBloop's efforts.

Edit: Oops, not your OP, sorry. I think adam warlock's bum ta tish tish sums it up. U.S. political tittle tattle. Worth a snigger. Like Obama's and Biden's and Quayle's and GW's slips.
    Combined with the absurdity of the notion that Russia is still a threat to the USA, you don't think it's significant that she didn't know the Soviet Union is no longer the Soviet Union?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Aug '11 16:20 / 1 edit
    Combined with the absurdity of the notion that Russia is still a threat to the USA, you don't think it's significant that she didn't know the Soviet Union is no longer the Soviet Union?
    No, not really. I wouldn't support Bachmann if I were an American. And this doesn't make a jot of difference. I think people can disagree about how much of a threat Russia is or might be to U.S. strategic interests now and/or in the future. You can call it absurd by all means. I wouldn't. So, she said Soviet Union in a live radio show. So what? She'll say she was referring to Russia. Presumably she was. What does it really matter?
  11. 20 Aug '11 19:12
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/

Dare I say that the Canaanites, the Mongol hordes and the Holy Roman Empire should be on that list too...

ba dum tshshshshsh
    But can she see it from her house?