bail outs

Standard memberRemoved
Debates 04 Dec '10 12:00
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 12:00
    as a uk resident i think that ireland should be allowed to go bankrupt,spain and portugal also.if the eurozone falls so be it,its a sham anyway.
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 06:18
    yeah. bailing out bankers helps the rest of us how?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 17:14
    I agree, but some people have so much money they need to put it somewhere and loaning it to countries at high interest rates is the best place to park that money. Since that country will only be able to pay the interest at most and not the principal, it will be profitable for a long time to come.

Bankers are your slave masters. Economic slavery is alive and well.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 17:21
    Originally posted by mrs miggins
    as a uk resident i think that ireland should be allowed to go bankrupt,spain and portugal also.if the eurozone falls so be it,its a sham anyway.
    If you want to get all arrogant, selfish and nationalistic the natural Irish response is to reactivate the IRA. There are consequences to these decisions.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 19:39
    Originally posted by mrs miggins
    Do you have any idea what a disaster to the world economy could ensue after a significant sovereign western nation (or 3) declares bankruptcy and repudiates its debts?
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    yeah. bailing out bankers helps the rest of us how?
    Question: assuming you don't keep your money under your mattress, where is your money?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree