Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 07 Jan '13 14:20
    How long will he last as leader and if he "leaves" what will happen to Syria, another Yugoslavia?
  2. 07 Jan '13 15:58
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How long will he last as leader and if he "leaves" what will happen to Syria, another Yugoslavia?
    Well one thing is for sure,

    if he leaves he's not going to your house.

    There's no room there with all those kids you've got!


    You randy old ba$tard.

    Put your pants back on.

  3. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    07 Jan '13 15:58
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How long will he last as leader and if he "leaves" what will happen to Syria, another Yugoslavia?
    My prediction is that things will come to a conclusion soon. When the end comes, it will be very sudden. The Assad regime will reach the breaking point and then disintegrate. Assad will be captured and executed by Free Syria rebels on, say, March 14th.
  4. 07 Jan '13 16:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    My prediction is that things will come to a conclusion soon. When the end comes, it will be very sudden. The Assad regime will reach the breaking point and then disintegrate. Assad will be captured and executed by Free Syria rebels on, say, March 14th.
    Wow there's a man pinning his colours to the mast.

    That's quite a prediction. Exact date and all.

    I agree he will eventually be gone, whether he is deposed or
    steps down himself who knows.

    Do you believe then that he will share the same fate as Saddam Hussein?

    Executed by his own people?

    Will there be no refuge for him?

    He was educated in London. They know him very well.

    I don't think they'll take him though.
  5. 07 Jan '13 17:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    My prediction is that things will come to a conclusion soon. When the end comes, it will be very sudden. The Assad regime will reach the breaking point and then disintegrate. Assad will be captured and executed by Free Syria rebels on, say, March 14th.
    Then we see sectarian fighting or do you think they (Free Syria rebels) may be able to keep the peace?
  6. 07 Jan '13 17:19
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How long will he last as leader and if he "leaves" what will happen to Syria, another Yugoslavia?
    Another Libya.
  7. 07 Jan '13 17:23
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Another Libya.
    Out of the "World Spotlight" and no one ('democratic countries' care)?
  8. 07 Jan '13 23:18
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Wow there's a man pinning his colours to the mast.

    That's quite a prediction. Exact date and all.

    I agree he will eventually be gone, whether he is deposed or
    steps down himself who knows.

    Do you believe then that he will share the same fate as Saddam Hussein?

    Executed by his own people?

    Will there be no refuge for him?

    He was educated in London. They know him very well.

    I don't think they'll take him though.
    I agree with rwingett, things will end abruptly and Assad will be killed, very slim chance he'll make it out alive.

    Things are heating up and most major airports are within the Free Army's control.

    Hope it ends soonest, people have suffered enough..
  9. 07 Jan '13 23:50
    Originally posted by Peachy
    I agree with rwingett, things will end abruptly and Assad will be killed, very slim chance he'll make it out alive.

    Things are heating up and most major airports are within the Free Army's control.

    Hope it ends soonest, people have suffered enough..
    What I don't get is why doesn't he go?

    He must know that the writing is on the wall.

    All the international community is against him too.
  10. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    08 Jan '13 00:16
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Then we see sectarian fighting or do you think they (Free Syria rebels) may be able to keep the peace?
    They'll cobble together some government that's only mildly better than Assad's.
  11. 08 Jan '13 00:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    They'll cobble together some government that's only mildly better than Assad's.
    How long before that falls apart (if it happens at all) and then does the US "go in"?
  12. 08 Jan '13 00:49
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How long before that falls apart (if it happens at all) and then does the US "go in"?
    Why is everyone obsessed with that?

    Every time there is trouble somewhere the "US" have to go in.

    They don't have to go in.
  13. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    08 Jan '13 01:24
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    How long before that falls apart (if it happens at all) and then does the US "go in"?
    There's no particular reason it would fall apart at all. And, no, the US will not go in.
  14. 08 Jan '13 02:23
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There's no particular reason it would fall apart at all. And, no, the US will not go in.
    I disagree with your take on the "falling apart" part. You've got sectarian issues there and as with most overthrows where there are such issues it's a crapshoot and you also have to take into consideration that the whole area is a hotspot.