Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 24 Dec '09 15:15
    on a recent post on iran and its Nuke programe i posted at least they have WMD SO NO ON WILL INVADE. the moderaters have kept it off so far. other posts go straight on. they have similar rules to this site, can anyone tell me if im being offencive or are the bbc showing themselves to be pawns
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Dec '09 15:17
    Originally posted by stoker
    on a recent post on iran and its Nuke programe i posted at least they have WMD SO NO ON WILL INVADE. the moderaters have kept it off so far. other posts go straight on. they have similar rules to this site, can anyone tell me if im being offencive or are the bbc showing themselves to be pawns
    No. It's your aversion to proper capitalization.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Dec '09 15:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    Why bother with HYS? At best a few people will see it before it gets buried on page 7 of the comments.

Post your opinions here. The audience is more intelligent and the quality of the dialogue is much higher.

I will say that the BBC readers are not missing much by not having that post to read.
  4. 27 Dec '09 17:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why bother with HYS? At best a few people will see it before it gets buried on page 7 of the comments.

Post your opinions here. The audience is more intelligent and the quality of the dialogue is much higher.

I will say that the BBC readers are not missing much by not having that post to read.
    which judging by these posts neither was i
  5. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    29 Dec '09 11:25
    Oh my goodness! Like sh76 says, don't join the howler monkeys on HYS! There are a couple of blogs on the bbc site worth your while, but HYS is not one of them.

The simply marvellous 'spEak You're bRanes' will show you why, if you don't already know - it collects the, ahem, 'best' bit from HYS in a handy compendium of idiocy:

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/