1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 21:24
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Seriously, do you really believe what you write?
    Yes, actually, I do.

Nobody running for President, except an incumbent has any valid experience or knowledge.
    Do you really believe what you write? If you do, then you are monumentally stupid.

The only thing we have to go on, is the candidate's promises and their past performance in the jobs they held.
    Actually there is a lot more to go on than that. Without looking at Trumps past performance at all, I can tell you straight away that he would make a terrible president.
    If we were to look at his past performance, then it just compounds it - he would make a terrible terrible president.

Most voters, including you will vote based on partisanship.
    I am not a voter. If I was, I would probably vote based on partisanship. But I would think twice if the party I favoured fielded someone like Trump.

I would contend that Mr. Trump competed in an arena where being wrong cost him a lot of money. That beats politics any day in my book.
    So Trumps terrible business skills is something to be admired in your book? Or just the fact that he was in business? I am not following.

All the politician has to do is dupe hacks who are already on his side.
    It works much the same in business.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 22:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, actually, I do.

[b]Nobody running for President, except an incumbent has any valid experience or knowledge.

Do you really believe what you write? If you do, then you are monumentally stupid.

The only thing we have to go on, is the candidate's promises and their past performance in the jobs they held.
    Actually there is a lot more t ...[text shortened]... an has to do is dupe hacks who are already on his side.[/b]
    It works much the same in business.[/b]
    So Trumps terrible business skills is something to be admired in your book?

Trump's business resume is checkered, but overall pretty successful. He remains a billionaire. Can't be all bad. Being in business, and being rich, means he was right more than wrong. The private sector can't be fudged. Politics is more opinion than anything measurable. Your opponents always disagree, and you have allies who can be relied upon for support. Politics and business share some characteristics, but business tends to punish mistakes with less forgiveness than politics.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 22:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, actually, I do.

[b]Nobody running for President, except an incumbent has any valid experience or knowledge.

Actually there is a lot more t ...[text shortened]... an has to do is dupe hacks who are already on his side.[/b]
    It works much the same in business.[/b]
    You accuse stupidity, without any reply to what you consider stupid. Duh!!!
    You have admirable insights and knowledge, in your own mind.

Trump's "terrible business skills" still leave him much richer than you are. What qualifies you to judge him, or his skill set?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 06:48
    So Trumps terrible business skills is something to be admired in your book?

Trump's business resume is checkered, but overall pretty successful. He remains a billionaire. Can't be all bad. Being in business, and being rich, means he was right more than wrong. The private sector can't be fudged. Politics is more opinion than anything measurable. Your ...[text shortened]... some characteristics, but business tends to punish mistakes with less forgiveness than politics.
    Trump did worse than if he would have put his inheritance in an index fund. That's not "successful" by any stretch of the imagination, compared to people who actually beat the market like Buffett, Gates, Jobs, Bezos etc. Whether he's really a "billionaire" we'll probably never know since he is rather shy about revealing his assets.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 08:40
    Trump's business resume is checkered, but overall pretty successful. He remains a billionaire.
    You have to be a really really bad business man to loose billions. In fact, it is practically impossible to loose all your money in business. What usually happens is you either loose 10% or gain 10%. Merely keeping your money in the bank will gain money.

Can't be all bad.
    But bad nonetheless.

Being in business, and being rich, means he was right more than wrong.
    No, it doesn't. You clearly know nothing whatsoever about business or Trumps history. Trump inherited a lot of money. If he had put it in a bank and left it alone, he would now be richer than he is. He was wrong more than right.

Politics is more opinion than anything measurable. Your opponents always disagree, and you have allies who can be relied upon for support. Politics and business share some characteristics, but business tends to punish mistakes with less forgiveness than politics.
    Not true at all.
    Trump had a number of bankruptcies.
    The bankruptcy equivalent in politics is not forgiven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree