1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 03:24
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-progressives-medicare-for-all_us_58d6f5c1e4b03692bea68fd2

WASHINGTON ― In the wake of the Republican failure to repeal the Affordable Care Act on Friday, leading figures in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party are rallying behind a single-payer health insurance and a raft of other bold reforms.

These lawmakers and grassroots leaders have long believed that the problems plaguing the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, are rooted in the original health care law’s attempt to accommodate, rather than gradually replace, the private, for-profit health insurance system.

Now that efforts to eliminate the law wholesale are effectively dead, they are again arguing that the best way to improve the country’s health care system is to confront the power of corporate health care providers more directly.

“We have got to have the guts to take on the insurance companies and the drug companies and move forward toward a ‘Medicare for all,’ single-payer program,” Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes” on Friday night. “And I’ll be introducing legislation shortly to do that.”

Sanders added on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday that he would “absolutely” seek President Donald Trump’s cooperation on expanding Medicare and lowering prescription drug prices.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 03:35
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-progressives-medicare-for-all_us_58d6f5c1e4b03692bea68fd2

WASHINGTON ― In the wake of the Republican failure to repeal the Affordable Care Act on Friday, leading figures in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party are rallying behind a single-payer health insurance and a raft of other bold reforms.

...[text shortened]... resident Donald Trump’s cooperation on expanding Medicare and lowering prescription drug prices.
    I would be interested in the details. But he will have the same problem Trump is having. The Insurance and Drug Companies control the Establishment Repubs and Dems.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 04:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I would be interested in the details. But he will have the same problem Trump is having. The Insurance and Drug Companies control the Establishment Repubs and Dems.
    If Trump and the Reps can find a way to take credit for the bill, it stands a chance of being passed.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 11:28
    If Trump and the Reps can find a way to take credit for the bill, it stands a chance of being passed.
    You are seriously decieved.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 14:24
    I don't think so. Even if they could, they have to appease the Big pharma and the Big money, which is the status quo. Ordinary Americans would continue to get hit with high costs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree