1. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:211 edit
    not only was biden less qualified than mccain's vp pick by the measure below, but OBAMA was ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6359034/Joe-Biden-the-worrying-rise-of-Barack-Obamas-Mr-Wrong.html

Mr Biden was chosen as Barack Obama's running mate last August because he was old, white and supposedly knew a lot about foreign policy. I say "supposedly" because really Mr Biden's overseas expertise amounted to having spent a long time as chairman of the Senate foreign affairs committee, knowing the names of lots of world leaders, and being able to josh around amiably with them during congressional junkets across the globe.

What Mr Obama overlooked was that Mr Biden, who served as a senator for tiny Delaware for 36 years, had never run anything in his life, or taken decisions rather than talking about things, at legendary length. Even in the United States Senate, that august body which each week produces enough hot air to transport 1,000 six-year-olds across America, Mr Biden – who sports hair plugs and a set of porcelain-enhanced gnashers that would blind a polar bear – is renowned for his wordiness.

2. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:21
    (snigger)

---

Making fun of Joe Biden is a bipartisan affair. A quip about Biden being a windbag is guaranteed to bring a Democrat and Republican together in Washington.

Mr Obama himself even dabbled in it in February when he responded to a question about yet another Biden gaffe by saying, "I don't know what Joe was referring to, not surprisingly", prompting stifled sniggers from White House staffers at the back of the room.

A miffed Mr Biden used his weekly lunch with the President to ask him not to "diss" him in public. Mr Obama agreed, scheduling a photo op of the pair eating hamburgers together to demonstrate they were still buddies. The real difficulty with Mr Biden, however, is his judgement.

3. Germany
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:22
    Well, isn't this ironic.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:23
    guess what, Afghans? you're screwed!

----

The problem is that Mr Obama may now be listening to Mr Biden. Having supposedly already settled on an Afghan strategy in March, he is giving a very public impression of Hamlet as he wrings his hands and conducts endless White House debates – with details leaked to the press – about what to do. These Afghanistan policy seminars are principally designed to demonstrate that Mr Obama is not the hot-headed "decider" President George W Bush. But the dithering is projecting a dangerous uncertainty about the West's intentions to an Afghan people craving assurance that Nato is fully committed, and in for the long haul. More seriously, Mr Obama's inclination on troop levels seems to be to seek a middle way – a "splitting the baby" option that could be the worst of all possible worlds.

5. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:24
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, isn't this ironic.
    who knew? the UK has a conservative newspaper!
  6. Germany
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:26
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    who knew? the UK has a conservative newspaper!
    That's a nice euphemism.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:31
    palin's turning out to be a weirdo. maybe. if you can trust the media. but obama and biden still not much better. they should've hounded obama on his choice of preacher a lot more than they did.
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 19:40
    not only was biden less qualified than mccain's vp pick by the measure below, but OBAMA was ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6359034/Joe-Biden-the-worrying-rise-of-Barack-Obamas-Mr-Wrong.html

Mr Biden was chosen as Barack Obama's running mate last August because he was old, white and supposedly knew ...[text shortened]... n-enhanced gnashers that would blind a polar bear – is renowned for his wordiness.

Well...I guess we should take Vice President Biden out and beat his brains in. How dare he serve in the Senate! How dare he serve on the Senate foreign affairs committee! Sounds downright un American to me!!!😏
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 19:56
    palin's turning out to be a weirdo. maybe. if you can trust the media. but obama and biden still not much better. they should've hounded obama on his choice of preacher a lot more than they did.
    Trying to make palin look better than Biden or vice versa is like trying to make Obama look better than Bush even though they do the same things. They both are rather frightening if you ask me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree