Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Aug '15 11:122 edits
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-why-is-blacklivesmatter-going-after-sympathetizers-like-hillary-and-bernie/

    Bill Maher spoke tonight about how #BlackLivesMatter activists have been engaging politicians recently, while also giving his surprise by the choices they’ve made in who to protest.


    He started by explaining his confusion to Rep. Donna Edwards about why black activists were more interested in protesting events from Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders rather than more of the Republican candidates. Maher also gave his thoughts that “black lives matter” was the appropriate phrase for the movement because it emphasizes how black people deal with a greater risk to face societal problems than other Americans.

    Charles Cooke jumped in by pointing out how Clinton’s meeting with activists started out with an outline of grievances that African-Americans have faced over the years. He went on to say however, that as the dialogue progressed, the activists and Clinton couldn’t agree on how to take the platform forward, only how to acknowledge it.

    In the end, Maher felt that the activists were making an odd choice to go after the people who have already embraced racial justice in their platform.

    “Why start with Hillary Clinton. These are people who are sympathetic to this. Why don’t they go at it with one of the thousand Republicans.”
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Aug '15 11:16
    Yes, the light has finally turned on for Bill Maher, but the bulb is still dim.

    The thing about cancer is that it spreads and it does not care really who you are.

    I just wish Black Lives Matter would go protest Trump. I would pay money to see that.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    24 Aug '15 11:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, the light has finally turned on for Bill Maher, but the bulb is still dim.

    The thing about cancer is that it spreads and it does not care really who you are.

    I just wish Black Lives Matter would go protest Trump. I would pay money to see that.
    Is it really true that the leader and founder of Black Lives Matter is really a white boy wanna be negro?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Aug '15 14:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Is it really true that the leader and founder of Black Lives Matter is really a white boy wanna be negro?
    How do I know? I can't keep track of these loons.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    24 Aug '15 14:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-why-is-blacklivesmatter-going-after-sympathetizers-like-hillary-and-bernie/

    Bill Maher spoke tonight about how #BlackLivesMatter activists have been engaging politicians recently, while also giving his surprise by the choices they’ve made in who to protest.


    He started by explaining his confusion to Rep. Donna Edwards a ...[text shortened]... ople who are sympathetic to this. Why don’t they go at it with one of the thousand Republicans.”
    I get the sense that the BLM people who are disrupting the campaign speeches don't know who Bernie Sanders is or what he stands for other than that he's an old white guy.

    Also, the BLM crowd tends to be centered in very liberal areas (like Seattle, where the Sanders disruption was) and that's where the Democratic politicians tend to hold their rallies. They're less likely to travel to red states to disrupt the GOP candidates, so any old white politician who speaks in their necks of the woods will do.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Aug '15 18:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    I get the sense that the BLM people who are disrupting the campaign speeches don't know who Bernie Sanders is or what he stands for other than that he's an old white guy.

    Also, the BLM crowd tends to be centered in very liberal areas (like Seattle, where the Sanders disruption was) and that's where the Democratic politicians tend to hold their rallies. They' ...[text shortened]... the GOP candidates, so any old white politician who speaks in their necks of the woods will do.
    No, I think that they are simply protesting where they think their voices will be heard, so this will continue.

    Dims did it to themselves, so enjoy! 😛
Back to Top