1. Wat?
    Moves
    06 May '11 05:40
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Needs his armies to fight in Libya now?? Oh that's right, we're not in a war there,, my bad..
    His armies are fighting everywhere, and that's the problem.

The USA since its victory in '45 has been trying to do what the British Empire gave up doing in the 1930s.

If Vietnam was never a lesson, and it ruddy wasn't, then God can only hope that this 'world policing' inventory of the USA doesn't bite it in the bum for a second time.

Once Bitten, twice shy!

-m.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 May '11 16:06
    Originally posted by mikelom
    His armies are fighting everywhere, and that's the problem.

The USA since its victory in '45 has been trying to do what the British Empire gave up doing in the 1930s.

If Vietnam was never a lesson, and it ruddy wasn't, then God can only hope that this 'world policing' inventory of the USA doesn't bite it in the bum for a second time.

Once Bitten, twice shy!

-m.
    Pax Americana deserves more respect than you're giving it.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    07 May '11 00:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Pax Americana deserves more respect than you're giving it.
    Why? It's the truth, and you recognise it!

-m.

(with an 's'😉
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 May '11 00:26
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Bill, simply put, you are an idiot... everyone knows by now that Obama just swept up waht Bush left for him. The information was gotten because of Bushes tactics, which Obama would have never gotten, If I remember correctly, he campaigned on shutting down the very operations that provied us with Bin laden,, are you a fool... you're making yourself look like one,,
    Uh... NO.

So few troops and assets in Afghanistan they could almost be called tokens, deemed the "forgotten war." al-Qaeda was also able to operate with impunity inside Pakistan.

Obama bolstered Afghnistan with huge numbers of additional troops, supplies and assets - and he actually began military operations inside Pakistan (for which he took a lot of heat).

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree