Bob Woodward threatened by white house

Bob Woodward threatened by white house

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
28 Feb 13

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/27/[WORD TOO LONG]/

Apparently someone in the White House was threatening Bob Woodward for telling a story the way he saw it.

Of course, Bob was very gracious to our messiah, saying that he was sure that Obama would not have approved.

F

Moves
28 Feb 13
3 edits

Originally posted by whodey

Apparently someone in the White House was threatening Bob Woodward for telling a story the way he saw it.

Of course, Bob was very gracious to our messiah, saying that he was sure that Obama would not have approved.
If Woodward doesn't get the same degree of access to people at the White House as he has been used to, being the celebrity/journalist, he will regret it. It's undoubtedly true. This "threat" sounds like a turn of phrase used in a discussion in which there was a difference of opinion as to Woodward's analysis. It sounds to me like Woodward is trying to create a I-said-he-said story about himself rather than just telling the [far more important] political story as he saw it. Coming off as a miffed, self-important hack who licked his wounds in public is something he may have even more cause to regret, when all is said and done, than falling out with his erstwhile cozy contacts at the White House.

jb

Moves
28 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
If Woodward doesn't get the same degree of access to people at the White House as he has been used to, being the celebrity/journalist, he will regret it. It's undoubtedly true. This "threat" sounds like a turn of phrase used in a discussion in which there was a difference of opinion as to Woodward's analysis. It sounds to me like Woodward is trying to create a I ...[text shortened]... all is said and done, than falling out with his erstwhile cozy contacts at the White House.
Speaking of the Whitehouse, do they still limit you to 3 report ins per day?

F

Moves
28 Feb 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
Speaking of the Whitehouse, do they still limit you to 3 report ins per day?
No idea what you are on about. Some sort of U.S.-specific reference?

Moves
28 Feb 13

Originally posted by whodey

A friend of mine who moved here from the Ukraine said that this was a common practice of the communist party. He also said that threat 'you'll be sorry' was usually followed through with. I hope this isn't true for Bob.

K

Moves
28 Feb 13

Democrats/Liberals/Leftists/Whatever LOVE to threaten retribution once they take power.

F

Moves
01 Mar 13

Originally posted by boonon
A friend of mine who moved here from the Ukraine said that this was a common practice of the communist party. He also said that threat 'you'll be sorry' was usually followed through with. I hope this isn't true for Bob.
There are people at freerepublic.com who claim that Obama has had several prominent journalists killed, including Andrew Breitbart, and that Bob Woodward is probably now going to meet the same fate.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
01 Mar 13

Originally posted by FMF
There are people at freerepublic.com who claim that Obama has had several prominent journalists killed, including Andrew Breitbart, and that Bob Woodward is probably now going to meet the same fate.
Can you blame them?

F

Moves
01 Mar 13

Originally posted by normbenign
Can you blame them?
Blame them for what?

Moves
01 Mar 13

Originally posted by FMF
Wow. I never heard that about Breitbart. It's a pretty scary thought about what goes on at a governmental level that is not meant for public eyes.

F

Moves
01 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by boonon
Wow. I never heard that about Breitbart. It's a pretty scary thought about what goes on at a governmental level that is not meant for public eyes.
Breitbart is just the tip of the iceberg perhaps. There may have been dozens of prominent journalists that have been assassinated or targeted for assassination [like talk-radio host Michael Savage, who narrowly escaped] on direct orders but other journalists are unwilling to report on it either because they are afraid or because they are Obama supporters.