1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:39
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    If you are going to quote me, have the decency and intellectual honesty to do it accurately.
    You answered my question with a yes. You might want to read the quote more carefully next time.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:392 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan

"The unborn baby" is not an accurate way to describe the embryo or the fetus throughout pregnancy. It is emotive.
    I could classify a great number of Progs I know the same way. 😛

They just stand helplessly on the bridge waving their hands for someone to come save them.

If they were to try and live outside the womb of the nanny state they would not be viable.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:41
    In any case, do fetuses turn into babies faster today than they did in 1960?

Premies are surviving at younger and younger ages. I suppose you believe that if a premie at that age can survive, then the fetus can no longer be aborted.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:482 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    In any case, do fetuses turn into babies faster today than they did in 1960?

Premies are surviving at younger and younger ages. I suppose you believe that if a premie at that age can survive, then the fetus can no longer be aborted.
    Don't be so sure.

Don't forget, Progs tend to favor things like euthanasia.

Essentially, anyone that is no longer of value to the state and a burden on the state and is without political power can be targeted for extermination.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:59
    You answered my question with a yes. You might want to read the quote more carefully next time.
    I simply repeat. If you are going to quote have the simple DECENCY to quote accurately.
    What you are really trying to say, I think, is that you believe there is something sacrosanct about a fertilized egg. Here's a useful phrase: necessary and sufficient. Conception seems to be necessary for human life; it is obviously not sufficient.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:02
    I simply repeat. If you are going to quote have the simple DECENCY to quote accurately.
    What you are really trying to say, I think, is that you believe there is something sacrosanct about a fertilized egg. Here's a useful phrase: necessary and sufficient. Conception seems to be necessary for human life; it is obviously not sufficient.
    So if the premie can survive, then the baby can't be aborted at that age?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:20
    So if the premie can survive, then the baby can't be aborted at that age?
    I do not want to discuss this with you. I do not think you are listening. I think you believe in some absolute that I don't believe in. I think you think you are doing the work of God. And I'd like to hear you address the plight of the children already born who need the protection you want for fertilized eggs. But people on your (diminishing) side of this 19th century argument don't talk about those kids. You're entitled to your faith, but you're not in charge of the people who disagree with you.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:231 edit
    I do not want to discuss this with you. I do not think you are listening. I think you believe in some absolute that I don't believe in. I think you think you are doing the work of God. And I'd like to hear you address the plight of the children already born who need the protection you want for fertilized eggs. But people on your (diminishing) side of this 1 ...[text shortened]... ds. You're entitled to your faith, but you're not in charge of the people who disagree with you.
    Yeah I know, you want it both ways and by saying there is nothing absolute you can then rationalize abortion at any stage.

Typical leftist who stands for nothing.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:28
    Yeah I know, you want it both ways and by saying there is nothing absolute you can then rationalize abortion at any stage.

Typical leftist who stands for nothing.
    What a nasty, hysterical little bigot of a man you are.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:33
    Originally posted by finnegan
    What a nasty, hysterical little bigot of a man you are.
    If by bigot you mean freedom loving person who believes in personal responsibility, then by all means I'm a bigot.

Obviously such things as freedom and personal responsibility fly in the face of your ideological beliefs. You are a Marxist.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't be so sure.

Don't forget, Progs tend to favor things like euthanasia.

Essentially, anyone that is no longer of value to the state and a burden on the state and is without political power can be targeted for extermination.
    Progs just want to believe that there is nothing wrong with non-marital sex. Nothing can happen that an abortion can't handle.

If you get a disease, that's why we have public funded health insurance.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:45
    If by bigot you mean freedom loving person who believes in personal responsibility, then by all means I'm a bigot.

Obviously such things as freedom and personal responsibility fly in the face of your ideological beliefs. You are a Marxist.
    So the woman is not free to abort, but you are free. In fact you are freedom loving. And by personal responsibility you mean that you are free to dictate her responsibilities to her and she is not free to understand her responsibilities herself.
    Is she your slave?
    You probably shouldn't use words you don't understand.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:53
    So the woman is not free to abort, but you are free. In fact you are freedom loving. And by personal responsibility you mean that you are free to dictate her responsibilities to her and she is not free to understand her responsibilities herself.
    Is she your slave?
    You probably shouldn't use words you don't understand.
    You mean the woman is free to kill her child, then she is free.

Pretty perverted definition of freedom, but whatever floats your boat.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 22:35
    You mean the woman is free to kill her child, then she is free.

Pretty perverted definition of freedom, but whatever floats your boat.
    It's like I always said, Progs only care about two freedoms, the freedom to kill their offspring and to medicate their guilt via illicit drug use free of state interference.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 06:24
    I wonder how many posts about abortion whodey has made on this forum, without once attempting to explain why he finds abortion morally wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree