By The People/Poll

By The People/Poll

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HG

Moves
22 Mar 10

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

17 % of people polled actually think this bill will accomplish what it sets out to do.

And you all?

F

Moves
22 Mar 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

17 % of people polled actually think this bill will accomplish what it sets out to do.

And you all?
I also don't think this bill will fully accomplish what it sets out to do. But if I were an American I'd support it.

e
Exaulted high possum

here...again

Moves
22 Mar 10

And you all?
What do you take this country for? A democracy?

F

Moves
22 Mar 10

Originally posted by expuddlepirate
What do you take this country for? A democracy?
No a democratic "republic", in fact. I don't see any reference to Government By Rasmussen Report in your nation's laws. I think you're far better off sticking with representative democracy and your constitution. 😀

HG

Moves
22 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I also don't think this bill will fully accomplish what it sets out to do. But if I were an American I'd support it.
My new slogan:
If we can afford it, I'll support it.

I just now realized the importance my parents really played in my life. They hit the tail of the first recession, grand parents went through it. When I was a kind, it use to drive me nuts to see Mom saving foil, yarn etc. She made most of our clothes, dad wacked our hair for school. My Dad taught us all how to make car repairs, even my sis can change a water pump. My daughters can change their oil
It's just time to suck things up and say just the heck on with it.
Life goes on, if you think your way thru.

Remember when I first jumped on. I told you I was looking for a wise man, and you said I was in the wrong place?/ well there are some good thinkers here, just rowdy.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Mar 10
1 edit

My new slogan:

I just now realized the importance my parents really played in my life. They hit the tail of the first recession, grand parents went through it. When I was a kind, it use to drive me nuts to see Mom saving foil, yarn etc. She made most of our clothes, dad wacked our hair for school. My Dad taught us n, and you said I was in the wrong place?/ well there are some good thinkers here, just rowdy.
Parents are so important. I feel bad for those who didn't have them around, or had abusive or neglectful ones.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Mar 10

And you all?
I don't know what it sets out to do. I bet most people who responded do either.

T

Moves
22 Mar 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't know what it sets out to do. I bet most people who responded do either.
No doubt it won't accomplish all it set out to do; but that's because it was watered down in order to get it to pass. However, politics is all about compromise and attempts to find realistic and plausible solutions to problems, so to admit that it's not a flawless or ideal bill is not to condemn it in any case.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Mar 10

My new slogan:

I just now realized the importance my parents really played in my life. They hit the tail of the first recession, grand parents went through it. When I was a kind, it use to drive me nuts to see Mom saving foil, yarn etc. She made most of our clothes, dad wacked our hair for school. My Dad taught us ...[text shortened]... n, and you said I was in the wrong place?/ well there are some good thinkers here, just rowdy.
As is quite common with government solutions, created by political hacks not experts in the field in question, I think the reform will make things worse. But don't worry.

A leading financial advisor on the radio listened to a caller bemoaning the probable onset of inflation. He asked the caller are you going to stop eating corn flakes?

No the caller replied.

You going to stop doing laundry?

Again negative.

Well Kelloggs and Proctor and Gamble will be Ok, and most other American companies will be fine as well.

g

Pepperland

Moves
23 Mar 10

And you all?
opinions change all the time.

the fact that the people voted for obama and the dems in congress clearly indicates they supported at least some of they proposed to do.

furthermore, its no surprise people would be so against the bill at this stage, considering all the fearmongering by the likes of hannity.