1. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 00:121 edit
    What would you need to be shown to demonstrate that the current trend of global warming is of anthropogenic origin?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 00:36
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    What would you need to be shown to demonstrate that the current trend of global warming is of anthropogenic origin?
    I had a discussion online at another site in which it was argued convincingly that there are natural carbon sinks which buffer changes in carbon dioxide. I'd like to see evidence that this factor is not sufficient to neutralize the vast majority of anthropogenic CO2.

See my blog for details.
  3. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 02:29
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I had a discussion online at another site in which it was argued convincingly that there are natural carbon sinks which buffer changes in carbon dioxide. I'd like to see evidence that this factor is not sufficient to neutralize the vast majority of anthropogenic CO2.

See my blog for details.
    Link?
    I'm guessing there would be a buffering effect. The biosphere and oceans acting as a net sink for CO2 whilst atmospheric CO2 continues to rise would surely indicate that it's not enough to negate our effect?
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 08:21
    * temperature records from nonbiased sources.

* statistical analyses by nonbiased sources.

* data and analyses showing true global effects, provided by nonbiased sources.

* proven correlation between CO2 and temperature. we've seen cooling recently. does that mean CO2 dropped first?

sources with a strict time limit on funding, borrowed from other fields.

and another decade or two at least; give us more time past the 1998 peak.

i see no need for remedial funding or large-scale research funding prior to this research and analysis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree