1. silicon valley
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:29
    http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201006/47947.php

FLYING THE FLAG
    And finally, it seemed like only a matter of time until we had a story like this one.

Angry residents have hit out at the Cambridge housing association after being banned from flying England flags during the World Cup.
    Apparently the sight of a St George's cross could be "offensive" to some people.

I've not seen anything more ridiculous since Rustenburg on Saturday evening.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 22:32
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

FLYING THE FLAG
    And finally, it seemed like only a matter of time until we had a story like this one.

Angry residents have hit out at the Cambridge housing association after being banned from flying England flags during the World Cup.
    Apparently the sight of a St George's cross could be "offe ...[text shortened]... some people.

It's unfortunate but true....political correctness gone mad creates intolerance in its strive to be tolerant of all minority groups
  3. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 23:34
    Originally posted by Barnacles
    It's unfortunate but true....political correctness gone mad creates intolerance in its strive to be tolerant of all minority groups
    Very sad but entirely predictable given the dominance of PC lunacy in the UK bureaucratic circles since NuLabour came to power in 1997.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 23:43

FLYING THE FLAG

Apparently the sight of a St George's cross could be "offe ...[text shortened]... some people.

Awesome. 😵
  5. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 11:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Awesome. 😵
    I hope that the new administration in the Uk will take urgent steps to repeal all the barmy regulations and laws introduced by NuLabour over the last 13 years, dismiss all the barmy coons who have been responsible for issuing such edicts, and tell any immigrant who tries to make trouble "You are welcome to return to your native country if you do not like what we do here".
    Of course we know in advance we will not have to say that to many ,if any, European immigrants.
  6. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 11:27

FLYING THE FLAG

In light of the BP disaster, I agree that English flags are a nuisance and offensive. It's high time the Nanny State banned them.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:07
    Originally posted by Barnacles
    Given that most people presumably support the right to waive the flag, wouldn't the politically correct thing be to allow it?
  8. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:221 edit
    The disastrous results of allowing mass indiscriminate immigration from undesirable sources to the UK, so as to enhance Labour's share of the vote, are now obvious. In former times Blair and Brown would have been impeached and sent to the block.
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 18:50
    I thought half the point of rooting for a soccer team was to offend the other teams' fans. My bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree