1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 13:592 edits
    Can the GOP govern? A few months into President Trump's young administration would seem to suggest they cannot. Trump's travel bans don't seem to pass judicial muster, the job of replacing the affordable care act (which was supposed to be so easy) was a total and complete failure despite controlling both houses of Congress, the wall on our boarder with Mexico is becoming a distant memory, and tax reform is now problematic at best. Warring factions within the administration, a very real chance that Trump's own people collaborated with Russia to rig the 2016 election, and dismal approval ratings point to a rocky time ahead for the GOP. To be fair Trump's decision to attack the Syrian air base seem to be going over well. as well as getting his Supreme court pick past the Senate (though they had to change the rules to do it) All in all though, it's not a pretty report card. There is still time to right this ship, but if things don't improve by years end, it will turn very ugly for the GOP in the mid term elections. Republicans won't be able to blame Democrats anymore. The GOP is in power now, and most voters don't like what they see so far! 😲
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 14:27
    Better question...

Can the establishment govern with Republicans in charge?

I hope not.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 15:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Better question...

Can the establishment govern with Republicans in charge?

I hope not.
    Its going up in flames exactly as many Trump voters (presumably including yourself? ) hoped. The stupidity of it all is amazing.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 15:55
    Originally posted by mchill
    Can the GOP govern? A few months into President Trump's young administration would seem to suggest they cannot. Trump's travel bans don't seem to pass judicial muster, the job of replacing the affordable care act (which was supposed to be so easy) was a total and complete failure despite controlling both houses of Congress, the wall on our boarder with Mexico ...[text shortened]... Democrats anymore. The GOP is in power now, and most voters don't like what they see so far! 😲
    Yes, they are governing and so far so good.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 16:16
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You were hoping they'd keep Obamacare?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 16:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You were hoping they'd keep Obamacare?
    No. But don't worry, that is not over.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 17:12
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Lets remember that Mugabe has been governing Zimbabwe since 1980.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 20:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its going up in flames exactly as many Trump voters (presumably including yourself? ) hoped. The stupidity of it all is amazing.
    If by that we simply repeal obamacare and don't replace it, then sure.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 20:482 edits
    Trump is simply a traitor to the base that elected him.

Evidence of his treachery.

#1—Goldman Sach (TheGlobalists) and Military Industrial Intelligence Complex (MIIC) cabinet
    #2—Backtracked on Obamacare
    #3—Attacked the Freedom Causcus (TheMovement)
    #4—Removed Bannon from the NSC
    #5—Increased U.S. involvement in a foreign war (Syria Strike)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-08/hacker-group-releases-password-nsas-top-secret-arsenal-protest-trump-betrayal
  10. Germany
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:441 edit
    It could turn out interesting if the fascosphere (as cited by robbie carobbie) really turns on him. Then who is left to really support him except for a few senile Americans? Zero Hedge is pro-Russian propaganda, of course, so it's no surprise they attack Trump now, but it will be particularly interesting to see how for instance Breitbart's stance evolves.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 09:45
    It could turn out interesting if the fascosphere (as cited by robbie carobbie) really turns on him. Then who is left to really support him except for a few senile Americans? Zero Hedge is pro-Russian propaganda, of course, so it's no surprise they attack Trump now, but it will be particularly interesting to see how for instance Breitbart's stance evolves.
    Please adjust your aluminium foil hat, the antennas seem to be picking up information from mainstream media that remains completely partisan while decrying everything that does not align with its own propaganda as propaganda. The anti Russian propaganda of the West is so saturated in mainstream media that anything that does not conform to it is pro-Russian propaganda.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Please adjust your aluminium foil hat, the antennas seem to be picking up information from mainstream media that remains completely partisan while decrying everything that does not align with its own propaganda as propaganda. The anti Russian propaganda of the West is so saturated in mainstream media that anything that does not conform to it is pro-Russian propaganda.
    Whatever you say, comrade.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:27
    Whatever you say, comrade.
    haha! hardly considering the Russian government is planning to liquidate my religion.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    Can the GOP govern? A few months into President Trump's young administration would seem to suggest they cannot. Trump's travel bans don't seem to pass judicial muster, the job of replacing the affordable care act (which was supposed to be so easy) was a total and complete failure despite controlling both houses of Congress, the wall on our boarder with Mexico ...[text shortened]... Democrats anymore. The GOP is in power now, and most voters don't like what they see so far! 😲
    Judging by approval numbers for Congress for over 2 decades it would appear that that governing body has not been able to govern for some time.

It would appear that the attempt of top down centralized governing is a abject failure and it is time to return power to the states.

My bad, I don't play the game right. Who is a bigger clown, Nancy Pelosi or McCan't?

I reckon Nancy wins the cookie.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:401 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Judging by approval numbers for Congress for over 2 decades it would appear that that governing body has not been able to govern for some time.

It would appear that the attempt of top down centralized governing is a abject failure and it is time to return power to the states.

My bad, I don't play the game right. Who is a bigger clown, Nancy Pelosi or McCan't?

I reckon Nancy wins the cookie.
    and yet Nancy did among the Dims what Donald is unable to do among the Replebs - unite them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree