1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    05 Feb '15 23:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I won't waste time debunking such a claim again. No one is "forced" to be part of any society.
    Being part of a society, doesn't dictate a loss of individual rights and initiatives, to the tyranny of the 50.1% or the populist mood of the moment.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 02:03
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Being part of a society, doesn't dictate a loss of individual rights and initiatives, to the tyranny of the 50.1% or the populist mood of the moment.
    You have no "right" to not contribute to a society you live in.

This is tedious; we've been over this time after time after time.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 02:14
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I can't argue Hoppe's credibility, as I've only read a chapter of his book. Probably more than you have. How much Rothbard or Mises have you actually read to support your assessment of the Austrian school economics as "crank".

I can see that potentially a monarchy could preserve individual liberty better than democracy. It would, of course, depend o ...[text shortened]... things correct, and others not so much, but he was far more consistently logical than Stiglitz.
    Actually I've read a fair amount of Rothbard and a bit of Mises although as the latter essentially rejects scientific thinking he is particularly worthless. The idea of praxeology is well suited to your way of thinking since it starts with absolute preconceptions and is impervious to evidence to the contrary.

Austrian economics relies on deduction and rejects empirical evidence. It is some kind of religion rather than a social science.

Of course, very few support a pure democracy. I assume you know this and are just propagandizing as usual.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 03:55
    You have no "right" to not contribute to a society you live in.

This is tedious; we've been over this time after time after time.
    But, you always have to have the last word.. anal/child. If you would shut up, go away, everyone would be happy?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 14:17
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    But, you always have to have the last word.. anal/child. If you would shut up, go away, everyone would be happy?
    I must have gotten the internet tough guy mad. Sorry but you don't get to rule this board.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 15:44
    I must have gotten the internet tough guy mad. Sorry but you don't get to rule this board.
    Not at all, you have just proven his point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree