1. silicon valley
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 18:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oops, my mistake. Apparently BOTH the jails AND the prisons are unable to hold their prisoners.

EDIT

Wait a sec...they escaped from Arizona State Prison. This thread is about cheap prisons in Arizona. What's the problem?
    this thread is about "why do we need expensive prisons when the sheriff in Maricopa can build a jail for $100K?"
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 10:04
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    this thread is about "why do we need expensive prisons when the sheriff in Maricopa can build a jail for $100K?"
    we need expensive prisons because some a-hole in congress or some human rights organisation thinks the poor rapists and murderers are people too and deserve comfort, and adequate medical facilities and exercise yards and gyms.

it is really funny to see the murderers get all that while the poor guy working 3 jobs has an appartment smaller than a jail cell, no health care and living from one day to the next. and then we wonder why there are so many second offenders. could it be because living in a nice prison, maybe meeting your "work buddies" there is better than living in the projects?
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Aug '10 03:14
    don't forget the prison workers unions.

congressmen know what side their bread is buttered on, and who they're beholden to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree