Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 11:57 / 1 edit
    I would like to collect signatures on a petition for building a monument commemorating the role of Sweden during WWII. The monument would be built, hopefully, here in the center of Helsinki.

However, I would like to include in the petition a description of how the monument should look like, and I just can't think of any. Your help, hence, is highly appreciated.

Here's a video detailing the heroic role of Sweden during the war, so you all get inspired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leRsWGF3mSc

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

-S-
  2. 13 Aug '09 12:15
    Sweden would rather just forget their role during WW2. So should we.

http://www.answers.com/topic/sweden-during-world-war-ii
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Aug '09 12:52
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Sweden would rather just forget their role during WW2. So should we.
    Interesting attitude towards history you've got there.
  4. 13 Aug '09 13:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting attitude towards history you've got there.
    Racists and history don't mix very well.
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 13:47
    Watch the damn link and have a laugh.

You all take things too seriously.

Bleh.
  6. 13 Aug '09 13:50
    I did watch the link, but I didn't find it very funny. I don't really understand why Finns dislike Swedes so much anyway.
  7. 13 Aug '09 13:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I did watch the link, but I didn't find it very funny. I don't really understand why Finns dislike Swedes so much anyway.
    They're usually not. There are exceptions, of course.
    Swedes and Finns get along rather well generally.

This is a grudge directed towards my person. He's still on my ignore list, on good grounds. He doesn't like that.
  8. 13 Aug '09 14:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

This is a grudge directed towards my person. He's still on my ignore list, on good grounds. He doesn't like that.
    During my stay in Finland I found it to be a rule rather than an exception. No real hatred of course, but a fair bit of rivalry.
  9. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 14:05 / 1 edit
    Dislike?

That is not true, dude.

Swedes provide lots of laughs and sweet moments when it's time for ice hockey, but disliking is a big word.

Actually, with few exceptions, I find them quite nice folks.
  10. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 14:07 / 3 edits

Get off your pedestal.

You're not important enough for me (or anybody) to "direct" anything at you, idiot.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Aug '09 14:11
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I would like to collect signatures on a petition for building a monument commemorating the role of Sweden during WWII. The monument would be built, hopefully, here in the center of Helsinki.

However, I would like to include in the petition a description of how the monument should look like, and I just can't think of any. Your help, hence, is highly appreci ...[text shortened]...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leRsWGF3mSc

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

-S-
    Somehow, I doubt the Finns would have gotten involved had the Russians not attacked them.

In any case, I'll take a neutral (even one supplying iron to Germany) over a belligerent on the Axis side (not that I can really blame the Finns for wanting any help they could get against the Russians).
  12. 13 Aug '09 14:28
    Get off your pedestal.

You're not important enough for me (or anybody) to "direct" anything at you, idiot.
    Why do you seem to find me so important according to your attitude towards me?

You are not even a real Finn. Real Finns speak Finnish. So why are you acting like one?
  13. 13 Aug '09 14:35 / 1 edit
    During my stay in Finland I found it to be a rule rather than an exception. No real hatred of course, but a fair bit of rivalry.
    In Sweden they are our friends. In my corner of Sweden there are nothing other than friendship by our two people.

In Finland? Well, I've never been there. Perhaps it's of historic reasons, Finland was a part of Sweden until we lost it in a war to Russia. Not until 1917 they become independant and free nation. Perhaps that's the reason of Seites hatred, I don't know.
  14. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 14:41 / 2 edits
    real Finn
    Towards you? I opened a thread and suddenly Your Highness feels it's because of him, when the last thing I thought of was you!

You are like the Very Rusty of Debates Forum, such a retarded clown.

Now... define "real", dum, for the lulz.

BTW, by your definition, Swedish speaking Finns are not Finns. That, dude, makes you so uncool... and ignorant, since Swedish is official language in Finland.
  15. 13 Aug '09 14:51
    Towards you? I opened a thread and suddenly Your Highness feels it's because of him, when the last thing I thought of was you!

You are like the Very Rusty of Debates Forum, such a retarded clown.

Now... define "real", dum, for the lulz.

BTW, by your definition, Swedish speaking Finns are not Finns. That, dude, makes you so uncool... and ignorant, since Swedish is official language in Finland.
    http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnar
    http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finl%C3%A4ndare

...describing that real Finns has the Finnish language as their mother tounge. Seitse has not. He is a Finn-wannabe, at most.

According to your flag at RHP chosen by yourself you seems to be more a Mexican than a Finn.