1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 14:53
    YouTube

This is an interesting debate regarding muslim extremism and the points raised can be applied in my opinion to any sort of extremism.

one point (among others) raised is the analogy between muslim extremism and air travel safety. the media never reports that "a plane has safely taken off and safely reached its destination". it only reports about plane crashes so naturally one viewing these reports without any context could assume that air travel is the most unsafe means of transportation when in fact it's the opposite.

likewise, we only hear about what the IS psychopaths have been doing lately, we only hear the abuses (sometimes deadly) that women, homosexuals, apostates, etc suffer in muslim countries.

we only hear about concerning statistics about islamic states that support the death penalty for homosexuality, apostasy.

we never hear how indonesia, with its 250 million citizens of which more than 80% are muslims had in fact a woman as president (something that the US has not yet achieved), how turkey, india, bangladesh, etc each had female leaders.
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 15:06
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tGbiFbF6w

This is an interesting debate regarding muslim extremism and the points raised can be applied in my opinion to any sort of extremism.

one point (among others) raised is the analogy between muslim extremism and air travel safety. the media never reports that "a plane has safely taken off and safely reached it ...[text shortened]... g that the US has not yet achieved), how turkey, india, bangladesh, etc each had female leaders.
    all news (reported) is bad news

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree