Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 01:47
    On 27 September 2016, 78.6% of more than 3000 students at Cornell University
    voted to approve the supply of free tampons and pads in all university bathrooms.
    Some students compared the need for tampons and pads to the need
    for toilet paper (or paper towels) in public bathrooms.

Tampons and pads will be made available in men's bathrooms too in order
    to accommodate female-to-male transgender students who still may have
    menstrual periods while preferring to identify with men by using their bathrooms.

All students need to use toilet paper. But only about half (women) of students
    need to use tampons or pads. So objections have come from students who
    believe that all students should not have to subsidize the needs of half of students.
    Other objections have come from male students who complain that they
    would feel uncomfortable if tampons or pads were in men's bathrooms.
    (Why can't these men give tampons or pads to women whom they care about?)

Assuming that men and women voted in about equal numbers, the 78.6%
    approval shows that many men apparently approve of the proposition.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 01:551 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    voted to approve the supply of free tampons and pads in all university bathrooms.

Tampons and pads will be made available in men's bathrooms too in order ...[text shortened]... ut equal numbers, the 78.6%
    Great...I'll alert Bruce Jenner. He's been waiting to enroll in a University that's more sensitive to the needs of the 3rd sex! 😀
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 02:09

Tampons and pads will be made available in men's bathrooms too in order ...[text shortened]... ut equal numbers, the 78.6%
    Way overdue.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 02:29
    Originally posted by mchill
    Great...I'll alert Bruce Jenner. He's been waiting to enroll in a University that's more sensitive to the needs of the 3rd sex! 😀
    Another feeble effort at trolling by Mchill.

Even if she were born with ovaries, Caitlyn Jenner's past the age where she would need tampons or pads.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 02:39
    Another feeble effort at trolling by Mchill.

Even if she were born with ovaries, Caitlyn Jenner's past the age where she would need tampons or pads.
    I see the concept of humor is still something our beloved Duchess64 has yet to cultivate. 😉
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 02:48
    I see the concept of humor is still something our beloved Duchess64 has yet to cultivate. 😉
    When caught making an offensive comment, a troll likes to try the 'I was joking' excuse.
    Caitlyn Jenner would *not* be amused by Mchill calling her 'Bruce' or a member of 'the 3rd sex'.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 17:09
    When caught making an offensive comment, a troll likes to try the 'I was joking' excuse.
    Caitlyn Jenner would *not* be amused by Mchill calling her 'Bruce' or a member of 'the 3rd sex'.
    You never know, a guy might get a nosebleed and might be thankful for a tampon in the men's restrooms!
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 21:21
    Originally posted by Duchess64 to Mchill
    I doubt that Caissad4 (a transgender woman) would be amused by Mchill referring to
    her by her former masculine name or by calling her a member of 'the 3rd sex'.

Mchll's posts show a casual transphobia that's (sadly) widely accepted in this forum.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 21:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You never know, a guy might get a nosebleed and might be thankful for a tampon in the men's restrooms!
    A female-to-male transgender person (hoping to pass as a man) might be worried about
    how other men would react after noticing him take a tampon in a men's public bathroom.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 03:52
    Kendall Jenner Reveals She Still Calls Caitlyn Jenner "Dad"