1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 13:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Did he say his name was Gary in a PM to you? He used a different name in PMs to me. Knowing FMF though, that name is probably also not his real name. I'm sure he's highly amused by you calling him (or her, as some would insist) "Gary".
    Who are you? His lover? His dad?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 13:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Who are you? His lover? His dad?
    Both.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 13:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When a corporation owns something, who is it that owns the thing?

Corporations invent imaginary people so they can collectively own things. Strange.
    first a very simple definition,

The most common form of business organization, and one which is chartered by a state and given many legal rights as an entity separate from its owners. This form of business is characterized by the limited liability of its owners, the issuance of shares of easily transferable stock, and existence as a going concern. The process of becoming a corporation, call incorporation, gives the company separate legal standing from its owners and protects those owners from being personally liable in the event that the company is sued (a condition known as limited liability). Incorporation also provides companies with a more flexible way to manage their ownership structure. In addition, there are different tax implications for corporations, although these can be both advantageous and disadvantageous. In these respects, corporations differ from sole proprietorships and limited partnerships.

Read more: http://www.investorwords.com/1140/corporation.html#ixzz1PLtrvaxb

The only real difference that i can see, is that the liability of the owners (the creditors to the business) is in their legal standing in relation to the business and to those entities which the business itself is liable. When i was doing accounting for my own business as a sole trader, i really had a time grasping this concept, but once you understand that a business is a separate entity, while at the same time being liable to its owners in some manner, it became much easier. Its a strange relationship, the owners own the business, but the business functions as a separate entity, the owners merely become another form of creditor, which the business is liable to, for the distribution of profits.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When a corporation owns something, who is it that owns the thing?

Corporations invent imaginary people so they can collectively own things. Strange.
    A corporation is legal fiction, creating a previously non-existent entity for the sole purpose of doing business. It accomplishes two basic purposes.

1. Limits legal liability for the corporation to corporate assets, making the risk of doing business more reasonable to investors.
    2. Raising capital, so that a business may grow more quickly from "potentially profitable" to actually profitable.

Collectivist? Hardly. Collectivism implies a great deal more than multiple individual participation. That done as a result of voluntary participation, is very much individualistic. No one enters a corporate structure other than voluntarily. Usually, forming a corporation, or offering an IPO minimally requires considerable legal costs to the participants, all done voluntarily, no force applied by government, other than perhaps subsidies, or tax incentives.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:22
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    the government owns all the "persons" so they technically own the corporate properties, but then again the governments are owned by the international banking cartels, so the people who own everything are the people who print the counterfeit global money supply.
    Go to the head of the class.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is "Gary"? What is "to flame"?
    The Gary otherwise known as Paul Francis Gadd.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The Gary otherwise known as Paul Francis Gadd.
    Paul?
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Paul?
    Gary Glitter.
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:40
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Gary Glitter.
    You're being called a child molester again FMF.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:45
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You're being called a child molester again FMF.
    For the lulz?
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    For the lulz?
    Apparently.

I thought Sponge Bob's highly intelligent cheeky pet snail was more lulzworthy, but to each their own.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 15:12
    Wow, your forum minions must love you so much (or know
    you well), since they immediately assumed "Gary" referred
    to Gary Glitter.

I would alert them if I were you, Gary. Calling someone a
    pedophile is against the TOS, I would say.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 15:13
    Then again, yet another thread hijacked by the forum bullies
    mounted on their high horse.

*sigh*
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 16:09
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Then again, yet another thread hijacked by the forum bullies
    mounted on their high horse.

*sigh*
    Whatever, Bob.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 00:22
    Originally posted by normbenign
    A corporation is legal fiction, creating a previously non-existent entity for the sole purpose of doing business. It accomplishes two basic purposes.

1. Limits legal liability for the corporation to corporate assets, making the risk of doing business more reasonable to investors.
    2. Raising capital, so that a business may grow more quickly from "pote ...[text shortened]... voluntarily, no force applied by government, other than perhaps subsidies, or tax incentives.
    Being a citizen is also voluntary. Nobody's forcing anybody to be part of any particular country.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree