1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 May '13 23:54
    . . . if he is eligible to be President.

Anyway, I think Carville may be on to something here. Sad for the Republican Party. The continued death of the Republican Party. A nickname here in Texas for the Canadian-born Cuban is "Sleaze Cruz".

James Carville: Ted Cruz is America’s ‘most talented and fearless Republican’

Sen. Ted Cruz found unlikely praise Sunday from a leading liberal firebrand and political commentator.

James Carville, the Ragin’ Cajun himself, called Cruz a “fearless” leader of a new conservative movement.

“I think he’s the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen in the last 30 years,” James Carville said on ABC’s “This Week in Politics”. ”I further think that he’s going to run for president and he’s going to create something.”

Speculation and hype over Cruz’s viability as a potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate has only grown stronger over the past several months. He’s maintained his position in the spotlight by taking blunt and unyielding positions on issues like guns and drones in the Senate and giving speeches at top Republican gatherings like CPAC and the GOP’s South Carolina Silver Elephant Dinner over the weekend.

Carville said though he can’t say if Cruz would win such a bid for president, the freshman senator is definitely molding a new brand of conservatism. Pointing to Cruz’s recent speech in South Carolina, an early primary state, he said Cruz “is going to be something to watch.”

“I’m not rooting – I’m really sincere here,” Carville said. “Watch him. He does things — when he started talking about William Travis in South Carolina and the Alamo, this is a guy — you go, ‘This guy is something,’ I don’t agree with him. I think he’s out there. But I’m telling you, he’s more talented than all of these other guys.”

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/05/james-carville-ted-cruz-is-americas-most-talented-and-fearless-republican/

Also video at the above link.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:19
    Originally posted by moon1969
    . . . if he is eligible to be President.

Anyway, I think Carville may be on to something here. Sad for the Republican Party. The continued death of the Republican Party. A nickname here in Texas for the Canadian-born Cuban is "Sleaze Cruz".

[quote][b]James Carville: Ted Cruz is America’s ‘most talented and fearless Republican’

Sen. Ted Cruz ...[text shortened]... e-ted-cruz-is-americas-most-talented-and-fearless-republican/

Also video at the above link.[/b]
    Why does this interest you. You would have the identical snarky comments on virtually any Republican candidate that emerges.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:36
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Why does this interest you. You would have the identical snarky comments on virtually any Republican candidate that emerges.
    Bloomberg would be a respectable choice. There are many respectable and good choices for the Republican Party and who I would definitely not "have the identical snarky comments."
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:50
    Bloomberg would be a respectable choice. There are many respectable and good choices for the Republican Party and who I would definitely not "have the identical snarky comments."
    Are you kidding me? Bloomberg, a Republican?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:54
    Yes, he is Republican, and he is represents the wing of the Republican Party that could save the party and return them to the Presidency.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 May '13 01:02
    Yes, he is Republican, and he is represents the wing of the Republican Party that could save the party and return them to the Presidency.
    Good luck convincing Republicans to commit political seppuku. I can guarantee that if Bloomberg won the nomination, it would be a Democratic landslide, regardless of his opponent.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 May '13 14:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Good luck convincing Republicans to commit political seppuku. I can guarantee that if Bloomberg won the nomination, it would be a Democratic landslide, regardless of his opponent.
    It does not have to be Bloomberg specifically but a Bloomberg-type from that wing of the party -- dynamic and charismatic rational moderate Republican who could win the general election.

To be sure, if a Cruz or Santorum is the nominee, "it would be a Democratic landslide, regardless of his opponent."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree