Cutting off your supporters

Cutting off your supporters

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
18 Mar 17
3 edits

Many of the unemployed and poor voted for Donald Trump, believing his stories about bringing back jobs and prosperity for all. Trump's budget aims it's deep cuts at the same people he promised to help. What are these people going to do 18 months from now when the have no food, heat, or become homeless? What will they do when most of these long promised jobs never materialize? Or they find THEY are going to pay for the wall because the rich's tax loopholes allow them to get out of it. What will they do when they find it's just another Conservative financial sleight of hand that allows the rich to enjoy deeper tax cuts, and bigger income, all paid for on the backs of those who can least afford it.

Trump supporters: You would be well advised to do some research this time around, before you start mindlessly crying "fake news" I've seen a lot of budgets in the last 50+ years, and this one is going to hurt!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/us/trump-budget-cuts.html?_r=0

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/17/520467050/advocates-say-trump-budget-cuts-will-hurt-countrys-most-vulnerable

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/17/news/economy/trump-budget-cuts-poor/

E

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by mchill
Many of the unemployed and poor voted for Donald Trump, believing his stories about bringing back jobs and prosperity for all. Trump's budget aims it's deep cuts at the same people he promised to help. What are these people going to do 18 months from now when the have no food, heat, or become homeless? What will they do when most of these long promised jobs n ...[text shortened]... untrys-most-vulnerable

Did he promise to keep welfare or to bring back jobs? Those two concepts are very different.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Did he promise to keep welfare or to bring back jobs? Those two concepts are very different.
I see that reading is a challenge for you. 😞

E

Moves
18 Mar 17

I see that reading is a challenge for you. 😞
I see propaganda is something you enjoy. So far the jobs numbers are looking up according to the Trump propaganda.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
18 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
I see propaganda is something you enjoy. So far the jobs numbers are looking up according to the Trump propaganda.
Under "The Donald's" plan millions of elderly people will go hungry, 8 year old girls will walk miles to school through high crime areas because there is no more $$ for bus service, and the working poor will become even poorer due to these cuts, just to name a few. Let's turn a blind eye to all this though and walk around with a space cadet glow, wearing our little Make America Great Again baseball caps. Children, the poor and elderly don't pull their weight, so don't deserve a handout from REAL Americans like you. This is Trump Country mister. Tell the old folks and kids to get a job or go hungry, there's no free lunch here! 😠

Cool looking job stats though, I'm sure it was ALL due to The Donald efforts in the last, 6 weeks, and nothing to do with Obama's in the last 8 years. 🙄

E

Moves
18 Mar 17

Under "The Donald's" plan millions of elderly people will go hungry, 8 year old girls will walk miles to school through high crime areas because there is no more $$ for bus service, and the working poor will become even poorer due to these cuts, just to name a few. Let's turn a blind eye to all this though and walk around with a space cadet glow, wearing our ...[text shortened]... The Donald efforts in the last, 6 weeks, and nothing to do with Obama's in the last 8 years. 🙄
We'll see about this gloom and doom. So far the Donald's Presidency has resulted in no significant changes that I have seen.

Have you personally seen anything different? Do you find it difficult to use the women's restroom now that the Donald is President?

Cape Town

Moves
18 Mar 17

What are these people going to do 18 months from now when the have no food, heat, or become homeless?
If the ones we see in this forum are anything to go by, they will remain in denial.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
19 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
If the ones we see in this forum are anything to go by, they will remain in denial.
Have we passed the point of no return in terms of the supporters of the left or right brand actually debating issues anymore?

The fascination is how the same event, that generates the same basic set of facts, is used by both sides to tell diametrically opposite stories.

Maybe its not that new a phenomenon, but its definitely reaching extreme heights at the moment.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
19 Mar 17

Originally posted by kmax87
Have we passed the point of no return in terms of the supporters of the left or right brand actually debating issues anymore?

The fascination is how the same event, that generates the same basic set of facts, is used by both sides to tell diametrically opposite stories.

Maybe its not that new a phenomenon, but its definitely reaching extreme heights at the moment.
Nope,you've been quite adept at it for some time.

w

Moves
19 Mar 17

Many of the unemployed and poor voted for Donald Trump, believing his stories about bringing back jobs and prosperity for all. Trump's budget aims it's deep cuts at the same people he promised to help. What are these people going to do 18 months from now when the have no food, heat, or become homeless? What will they do when most of these long promised jobs n ...[text shortened]... untrys-most-vulnerable

The reason Trump won in the first place is that he was the only candidate to zero in on jobs leaving the US in droves. No one in either party mentioned it and the press remained silent.

Talk about your fake news.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Mar 17

Originally posted by kmax87

I have to point out that the reason for that is simple: one side denies the facts and invents a story. And that side always seems to be the republicans. And yes, when one side is simply making stuff up and living in denial there really is very little point to debate.

E

Moves
19 Mar 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have to point out that the reason for that is simple: one side denies the facts and invents a story. And that side always seems to be the republicans. And yes, when one side is simply making stuff up and living in denial there really is very little point to debate.
Your point of view is expected considering who tells you exactly what to believe.