1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 16:50
    Anybody think he's funny?

His popularity is a mystery to me, he's not the least bit humorous. His formula seems to consist of talking loud, talking fast, and swearing once in a while. This gets a giggle from the kids and a courtesy laugh from others, but he seems to, well, suck as a comedian. Both Family Guy and Mad TV have done bits ridiculing him and pointing out how humorless his act really is, yet he has large a following.

Why?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:221 edit
    I've never heard of him. But considering you opened this thread, is he black?

Edit: I'm amazed to find out he's white!
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra

if he's black, then he must be destroying or taking over white neighborhoods like sam's, otherwise he wouldn't be complaining.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra

Just watch some of his routines on youtube and see if you think he's funny. He's got a large following, don't know why.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:40
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Just watch some of his routines on youtube and see if you think he's funny. He's got a large following, don't know why.
    He seems jaded and effette. Maybe that's why he's got a big following in the states.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 18:22
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Anybody think he's funny?

His popularity is a mystery to me, he's not the least bit humorous. His formula seems to consist of talking loud, talking fast, and swearing once in a while. This gets a giggle from the kids and a courtesy laugh from others, but he seems to, well, suck as a comedian. Both Family Guy and Mad TV have done bits ridiculing him and pointing out how humorless his act really is, yet he has large a following.

Why?
    He's pretty bad.

He's less funny than Carlos Mencia and Carlos Mencia isn't funny.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 19:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    He seems jaded and effette. Maybe that's why he's got a big following in the states.
    I'm just guessing, but Shammy is probably repelled more by the "lacking strength or vitality" quality than the "feeble, powerless, impotent" component. Although if we don't also consider the "decadent, self-indulgent, effeminate" aspects -- well, that might be characterized as "cynically insensitive" or perhaps even "made callous by experience."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree