Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 15 Dec '12 01:30
    32310 people died in car accidents last year. Is now the time to ban the automobile?
  2. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    15 Dec '12 01:37
    Originally posted by dryhump
    32310 people died in car accidents last year. Is now the time to ban the automobile?
    how many of them were 5 year old kids?
  3. 15 Dec '12 02:01
    Originally posted by dryhump
    32310 people died in car accidents last year. Is now the time to ban the automobile?
    Cars have very useful purpose in society. Guns don't.
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    15 Dec '12 02:11
    Originally posted by dryhump
    32310 people died in car accidents last year. Is now the time to ban the automobile?
    Automobiles weren't designed to kill people.
  5. 15 Dec '12 02:54
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Automobiles weren't designed to kill people.
    Yeah, that too.
  6. 15 Dec '12 03:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Automobiles weren't designed to kill people.
    Sometimes killing people is deemed necessary.As well as other dangerous critters.
  7. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    15 Dec '12 03:48
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Sometimes killing people is deemed necessary.As well as other dangerous critters.
    not 5 year old kids
  8. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    15 Dec '12 04:21
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Cars have very useful purpose in society. Guns don't.
    Guns have an extremely useful purpose in society. One of their uses is to prevent the atrocity that occurred today.
  9. 15 Dec '12 04:49
    Yes.
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    15 Dec '12 04:57
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Guns have an extremely useful purpose in society. One of their uses is to prevent the atrocity that occurred today.
    And I guess they did.
  11. 15 Dec '12 05:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Automobiles weren't designed to kill people.
    They're pretty efficient at it, nevertheless.
  12. 15 Dec '12 05:35
    Originally posted by my2sons
    how many of them were 5 year old kids?
    I don't have those numbers in front of me. I would guess a lot more kids are killed by cars than by guns.