1. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 09:51
    George W. Bush's autobiography 'Decision Points' is interesting and pretty impressive. I wonder what the writing process was exactly - interviews/talks transcribed and cleaned up, or some role for a ghostwriter or co-writer? He reads it himself on the audiobook version. Works a treat. Enjoyable.

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather pointedly diminished as we have proceeded further and further into the Obama presidency.

Anyone have an opinion on what effect this autobiography might have on his legacy?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 11:27
    Why did FMF leave the site?
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 12:03
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Anyone have an opinion on what effect this autobiography might have on his legacy?
    Just more people will pronounce it "Nucular".
  4. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 16:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    He's probably still here but using a different screen name.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:23
    Originally posted by Palynka
    God became angry at FMF for his leftist arguments and sent a volcano after him. 😛
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:42
    Bush jr is an interesting one, from his family history onward I feel as if I know the guy, I don;t and I wouldn't want to...I'll have to source that book to see what possible tosh 'he's' got to say for himself, ' never know, it might illuminate without intending to do so..no, I'm not a 'lefty' and not a 'righty' and not trying to devalue a national figure based upon nationality alone, just trying to understand an extremely privileged individual with the charm 'input' akin to that of a carrot, so no smarm is necessary 😛
  7. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:47
    George W. Bush's autobiography 'Decision Points' is interesting and pretty impressive. I wonder what the writing process was exactly - interviews/talks transcribed and cleaned up, or some role for a ghostwriter or co-writer? He reads it himself on the audiobook version. Works a treat. Enjoyable.

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather ...[text shortened]... idency.

It should be sold in the Fiction section.
  8. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 01:222 edits
    He's probably still here but using a different screen name.
    Yeah, but why would he do that? It would be kind of disappointing for those who used to enjoy his wit and wisdom. Forget those leftist arguments; perhaps God sent the volcano to punish him for using a different screen name!
  9. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 01:33
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    It should be sold in the Fiction section.
    The same can be said for almost all political autobiographies. But the spin, explanations, selectivity, inclusions and omissions in these kinds of books are surely authentic 'evidence' in the political domain. Bush's candor in his book is interesting. People who have bashed him - and who hasn't? - should find this book interesting.
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 01:54
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Yeah, but why would he do that? It would be kind of disappointing for those who used to enjoy his wit and wisdom. Forget those leftist arguments; perhaps God sent the volcano to punish him for using a different screen name!
    lol, excellent...
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 02:31

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather pointedly diminished as we have proceeded further and further into the Obama presidency.
    MIss me yet? 😵
  12. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:092 edits

Talk of Bush being the worst president ever has rather ...[text shortened]... idency.

I very much doubt George W Bush wrote that book without A LOT of help, just as I very much doubt he wrote that Masters thesis at Yale for his MBA without a lot of help... "W" is not that smart!😏
  13. Germany
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:15
    Originally posted by bill718
    I very much doubt George W Bush wrote that book without A LOT of help, just as I very much doubt he wrote that Masters thesis at Yale for his MBA without a lot of help... "W" is not that smart!😏
    Bush is definitely not very smart (nor very stupid), but you don't have to be smart to get an MBA at Yale, you just need a wad of cash and some free time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree