1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 03:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    The correct term is "throw grandma off the cliff". The GOP would like nothing better than to be able to throw your grandma off the cliff as a recent Democrat add indicates.

Personally, even though this sounds a bit harsh, the reality is that less grandma's equal less debt related to medicare expenses, so in the long run the nation will be better off witho ...[text shortened]... the unborn, we can nix these nonproductive leaches from society and save medicare/medicaid.
    You really do enjoy baiting people don't you? I suppose it really doesn't matter if the bait is coherent. Jeesh.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 03:52
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You really do enjoy baiting people don't you? I suppose it really doesn't matter if the bait is coherent. Jeesh.
    Who said anything about hate? I just want to save medicare.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 03:55
    Who said anything about hate? I just want to save medicare.
    Yeah. That's what I thought. Enjoy your fishing. I see you've already got a bite.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 04:00
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Yeah. That's what I thought. Enjoy your fishing. I see you've already got a bite.
    Actually we can't really lose can we? Either the GOP will throw grandma off the cliff or the Democrats will start the death panels.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 04:08
    I thought I covered that. The GOP wishes to throw your grandma off the cliff. They uncovered the scheme in a recent add.
    Yes. You've made the same 'joke' umpteen times. So what policy do you suggest with regard to the elderly?
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 06:35
    Actually we can't really lose can we? Either the GOP will throw grandma off the cliff or the Democrats will start the death panels.
    Hate to break this to you, but the death panels are already hear. They're called insurance adjustors.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 09:38
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Oh to be a fly on the wall in the White House.

Any predictions?

_____

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/08/gergen.debt.negotiations/index.html?hpt=po_t2

The stakes are growing ever higher on deficit negotiations in Washington. And as
    they do, the politics are becoming ever more treacherous, especially for Democrats.

When President Barack ...[text shortened]... e
    steaming.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of David Gergen.
    The Democrats need to grow a spine. The GOP keeps pressing for more tax cuts...the Government can't even pay it's debts as it is. Now we're supposed to make do with even less tax revenue??? It just does not add up!
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 14:25
    The correct term is "throw grandma off the cliff". The GOP would like nothing better than to be able to throw your grandma off the cliff as a recent Democrat add indicates.

Personally, even though this sounds a bit harsh, the reality is that less grandma's equal less debt related to medicare expenses, so in the long run the nation will be better off witho ...[text shortened]... the unborn, we can nix these nonproductive leaches from society and save medicare/medicaid.
    Why...that's...absolutely...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

😛🙄😲😵🙄😵😀😛😏😵😲🙄

Not. 😴

Start a blog already.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Hate to break this to you, but the death panels are already hear. They're called insurance adjustors.
    Yep, with corporate CEO's and members from both parties trying to kill grandma, she simply does not stand a chance!!

Of course, that means more money for us, doesn't it? And that is what its all about!!

Death to grandma!!! 😠

Edit: No wonder gradmas seem to die all the time.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 22:18
    Here's a way to save a little money:

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-us-suspending-800m-pakistan-aid-135109780.html
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 05:21
    Yep, with corporate CEO's and members from both parties trying to kill grandma, she simply does not stand a chance!!

Of course, that means more money for us, doesn't it? And that is what its all about!!

Death to grandma!!! 😠

Edit: No wonder gradmas seem to die all the time.
    Medicare doesn't deny many services, and runs more efficiently than any of the private insurance in terms of dollar for service. This is why the insurance industry got the Republicans and Lieberman to kill the public option. They knew they would lose to the competition.
  12. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 21:44
    Looks to me as though Obama has called Republicans' bluff; you could probably even say he's raised the stakes.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/11/debt.talks/index.html?hpt=po_t2

More undoubtedly to come...
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 01:45
    The newly elected IMF head apparently weighed in on the stalemate, admitting that a U.S. default would have "real nasty consequences."

Not that Congress needs anybody else to tell them to do their jobs. For that matter, not that Congress seems to care...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/10/imf-director-u-s-default-would-be-%E2%80%98real-nasty%E2%80%99/?hpt=po_bn1
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 02:04
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    The newly elected IMF head apparently weighed in on the stalemate, admitting that a U.S. default would have "real nasty consequences."

Not that Congress needs anybody else to tell them to do their jobs. For that matter, not that Congress seems to care...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/10/imf-director-u-s-default-would-be-%E2%80%98real-nasty%E2%80%99/?hpt=po_bn1
    If the IMF is against it, I'm for it.

I'm sick of paying our debts; if AIG or Wall Street doesn't have to, why should the people of the US?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 02:21
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Medicare doesn't deny many services, and runs more efficiently than any of the private insurance in terms of dollar for service. This is why the insurance industry got the Republicans and Lieberman to kill the public option. They knew they would lose to the competition.
    What? Where is your evidence?

Here is an interesting article that claims medicare denies more people coverage than private insurance.

http://blog.independent.org/2009/12/17/medicares-refusal-of-medical-claims-continues-to-outpace-private-rate/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree