Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    27 Feb '13 06:04
    Posted By Alex Pappas On 7:26 PM 02/26/2013 @ 7:26 PM In DC Exclusives - Blurb,Politics,Uncategorized | No Comments

    Tweet

    5
    inShare

    Some members of Congress apparently don’t like to be reminded about how much debt the country continues to rack up.

    During a House Financial Services Committee hearing Tuesday on the budget, two Democrats complained after House Financial Services Committee chairman Jeb Hensarling instructed that two monitors in the hearing room display a real-time running national debt clock.

    California Rep. Maxine Waters and Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison both issued complaints about the displays, according to video of the hearing.

    “Clearly it is a political prop designed to message ideologically,” Ellison said.

    Waters asked that the debt clock not be on display whenever Democrats spoke, Hensarling said during the hearing.

    “At the request of the ranking member, the national debt clock will not be put on the screens during Democratic time,” said Hensarling, a Texas Republican.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Feb '13 14:55 / 1 edit
    Wow. They swallowed the GOP bait hook, line and sinker.
  3. 27 Feb '13 15:04
    Yeah, it's not very smart politics. Gives the impression that the Democrats are responsible for the debt burden, which is of course true to a large extent, but it would be smarter to try and shift the blame to Bush 43 and Reagan.
  4. 27 Feb '13 21:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yeah, it's not very smart politics. Gives the impression that the Democrats are responsible for the debt burden, which is of course true to a large extent, but it would be smarter to try and shift the blame to Bush 43 and Reagan.
    Alternatively, the Democrats could play videos of
    GOP members giving bad speeches with the word RAPE in them.


    Lots of GOP members have messed up badly when mentioning rape.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Feb '13 21:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Posted By Alex Pappas On 7:26 PM 02/26/2013 @ 7:26 PM In DC Exclusives - Blurb,Politics,Uncategorized | No Comments

    Tweet

    5
    inShare

    Some members of Congress apparently don’t like to be reminded about how much debt the country continues to rack up.

    During a House Financial Services Committee hearing Tuesday on the budget, two Democrats comp ...[text shortened]... ock will not be put on the screens during Democratic time,” said Hensarling, a Texas Republican.
    Wow....that's front page news! I'm sure it will make all the difference in the world. Next thing you know those dirty old Liberals will insist our lawmakers do some work, rather than watch the clock!
  6. 28 Feb '13 03:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Posted By Alex Pappas On 7:26 PM 02/26/2013 @ 7:26 PM In DC Exclusives - Blurb,Politics,Uncategorized | No Comments

    Tweet

    5
    inShare

    Some members of Congress apparently don’t like to be reminded about how much debt the country continues to rack up.

    During a House Financial Services Committee hearing Tuesday on the budget, two Democrats comp ...[text shortened]... ock will not be put on the screens during Democratic time,” said Hensarling, a Texas Republican.
    The other option would have been to put the clock upside down in a glass of urine.

    May they all burn in Hades.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    28 Feb '13 03:59
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Alternatively, the Democrats could play videos of
    GOP members giving bad speeches with the word RAPE in them.


    Lots of GOP members have messed up badly when mentioning rape.
    Ok...rape is never funny, but I get the irony. Nicely done...
  8. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    28 Feb '13 04:00
    Originally posted by bill718
    Wow....that's front page news! I'm sure it will make all the difference in the world. Next thing you know those dirty old Liberals will insist our lawmakers do some work, rather than watch the clock!
    Quoting R. Lee Ermey: "YOU DON'T SCARE ME. WORK ON IT."

    Great movie...