Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Jul '10 16:14
    Under a little-noticed provision of the recently passed financial-reform legislation, the Securities and Exchange Commission no longer has to comply with virtually all requests for information releases from the public, including those filed under the Freedom of Information Act.

The law, signed last week by President Obama, exempts the SEC from disclosing records or information derived from "surveillance, risk assessments, or other regulatory and oversight activities." Given that the SEC is a regulatory body, the provision covers almost every action by the agency, lawyers say. Congress and federal agencies can request information, but the public cannot.

More power for the ruling elite, less power for the people.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/07/28/sec-says-new-finreg-law-exempts-public-disclosure/?test=latestnews
  2. 29 Jul '10 17:47
    did you really believe ANYTHING they said in the run-up to the election?
  3. 29 Jul '10 17:48
    it's like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the football all over again!
  4. 29 Jul '10 22:06
    The left is full of tax cheating manipulating, liars.....

Glenn Beck is a hero for attempting to expose these thugs.
  5. 30 Jul '10 12:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass

Glenn Beck is a hero for attempting to expose these thugs.
    But I thought Glenn Beck and Fox news were the bad guys? In fact, if it were not for them we would live in a utopia.....except for all the problems the Republicans caused, but I think that is only common sense.

Speaking of which, blaming "W" is starting to sound a little hollow now days. I hope for the Dems sakes the Republicans retake Congress so there is someone else to blame for a sinking economy.
  6. 30 Jul '10 13:01
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Yep. Every one of them.