1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 16:14
    Under a little-noticed provision of the recently passed financial-reform legislation, the Securities and Exchange Commission no longer has to comply with virtually all requests for information releases from the public, including those filed under the Freedom of Information Act.

The law, signed last week by President Obama, exempts the SEC from disclosing records or information derived from "surveillance, risk assessments, or other regulatory and oversight activities." Given that the SEC is a regulatory body, the provision covers almost every action by the agency, lawyers say. Congress and federal agencies can request information, but the public cannot.

More power for the ruling elite, less power for the people.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/07/28/sec-says-new-finreg-law-exempts-public-disclosure/?test=latestnews
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 17:47
    did you really believe ANYTHING they said in the run-up to the election?
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 17:48
    it's like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the football all over again!
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 22:06
    The left is full of tax cheating manipulating, liars.....

Glenn Beck is a hero for attempting to expose these thugs.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass

Glenn Beck is a hero for attempting to expose these thugs.
    But I thought Glenn Beck and Fox news were the bad guys? In fact, if it were not for them we would live in a utopia.....except for all the problems the Republicans caused, but I think that is only common sense.

Speaking of which, blaming "W" is starting to sound a little hollow now days. I hope for the Dems sakes the Republicans retake Congress so there is someone else to blame for a sinking economy.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:01
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Yep. Every one of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree