1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 02:28
    From the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/americas/8324496.stm

At least 10 bodies - believed to be those of a kidnapped Colombian football team - have been found across the border in Venezuela.

The bodies, with multiple gunshot wounds, were found in Tachira. One of the team is reported to have survived.

State authorities say they suspect a left-wing Colombian guerrilla group, the ELN, is to blame for the deaths.

Kidnapped two weeks ago, the team was known as Los Maniceros or Peanut Men, as they sold nuts along the border.

The Venezuelan authorities say they are still investigating whether the bodies are those of the kidnapped team members.

But local authorities in Tachira and several local newspapers are already reporting that the footballers have been killed.

The most senior official in Tachira state, Leomagno Flores, blamed the violence on the ELN, a group led by a man known El Payaso or the Clown.

He said it had been confirmed by the only survivor of the attack.

There is no clear motive for the violence although there is some speculation that it relates to enforced recruitment to their army.
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 06:44
    why do you say "Chavez"?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 11:23
    The clown is killing the peanut men???
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 17:11
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]At least 10 bodies - believed to be those of a kidnapped Colombian football team - have been found across the border in Venezuela.

The bodies, with multiple gunshot wounds, were found in Tachira. One of the team is reported to have survived.

State authorities say they suspect a ...[text shortened]... though there is some speculation that it relates to enforced recruitment to their army.
    [/b]
    chavez went there personally and killed those people himself?

I don't think so.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 17:15
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]At least 10 bodies - believed to be those of a kidnapped Colombian football team - have been found across the border in Venezuela.

State authorities say they suspect a ...[text shortened]... though there is some speculation that it relates to enforced recruitment to their army.
    [/b]
    Those Angels certainly were annoying in winning game 5 of the ALCS. If the Yanks blow this series, I'll never hear the end of it from the Red Sox nuts.

Hmmm....
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 04:43
    Venezuela has said a group of men whose bodies turned up on its side of the border with Colombia were Colombian paramilitaries training in Venezuela.

[quote]The comments by Venezuelan Vice-President Ramon Carrizalez come a week after the bodies of the 11 men were dumped in Venezuela.

It happened after the men were kidnapped in early October in the middle of an amateur football match.
    [/quote]

BBC: rest here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/americas/8337143.stm

Colombian paramilitaries encroaching on Venezuelan territory. U.S. setting up military bases in Colombia amidst vehement protests from all Colombia's neighbours. The disgraceful Colombian President Uribe angling for a third term - with scarcely a complaint from any of RHP's milquetoast crypto-fascists. How does one differentiate between goodies and baddies when one looks at this region?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    [quote]Venezuela has said a group of men whose bodies turned up on its side of the border with Colombia were Colombian paramilitaries training in Venezuela.

[quote]The comments by Venezuelan Vice-President Ramon Carrizalez come a week after the bodies of the 11 men were dumped in Venezuela.

It happened after the men were kidnapped in early October in the m ...[text shortened]... ascists. How does one differentiate between goodies and baddies when one looks at this region?
    they're all just as bad as each other, that is very clear now.
    I used to think Uribe was better than chavez, but I guess I was wrong, they're both the same except for their rhetoric, going for a third term was a step too far.
    as for the US military bases, I see no problem with that, what neighboring countries think is irrelevant, especially considering they're known to be anti-american.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:51
    As jokes go, this isn't very funny. Is it?
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 20:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    [quote]Venezuela has said a group of men whose bodies turned up on its side of the border with Colombia were Colombian paramilitaries training in Venezuela.

It happened after the men were kidnapped in early October in the m ...[text shortened]... ascists. How does one differentiate between goodies and baddies when one looks at this region?
    "The opposition governor of the Venezuelan border state of Tachira, Cesar Perez Vivas, has also repeatedly challenged the national government's version of events and accuses the government of failing to properly police the border region. "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree