1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 20:272 edits
    YouTube

What am I missing here? Obama in March 2011 said that he could not stop deportations of illegal aliens via Executive Order stating that it was unconstitutional. He then does it in 2012.

Wut?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 20:29
    Well, file a case with SCOTUS and show them the YouTube video as evidence.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 20:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    What am I missing here?
    A link that works.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 20:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    A link that works.
    Now try.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 20:351 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, file a case with SCOTUS and show them the YouTube video as evidence.
    Roberts will just roll his eyes and say it's really all a tax. 😛

SCOTUS is merely a rubber stamp for the Executive Branch. They serve no real purpose other than legitimizing Executive edicts.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 20:171 edit
    So what did he do to contradict himself? That's just a clip of Obama answering a question from someone from Latin America.

You must be talking about this:

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/06/23/dream-act-obama-passes-amnesty-by-executive-order/

The Obama administration memo to John Morton, Director of I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) directs I.C.E. agents now to use “prosecutorial discretion” with regard to enforcing immigration laws.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 02:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So what did he do to contradict himself? That's just a clip of Obama answering a question from someone from Latin America.

You must be talking about this:

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/06/23/dream-act-obama-passes-amnesty-by-executive-order/

The Obama administration memo to John Morton, Director of I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs ...[text shortened]... agents now to use “prosecutorial discretion” with regard to enforcing immigration laws.
    Obama said in the clip that making Executive Orders that contradict immigration laws are not appropriate and were in violation of the rule of law. He then does it one year later because it is politically expedient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree