1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 00:22
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    That article doesn't seem to name them and there political affiliations.

Bill Gates-democrat
    Warren Buffet - democrat
    Jeff Bezos - democrat
    Mark Zuckerberg - democrat
    Micheal Bloomberg- democrat

That's cherry picking a bit out of the top 10 wealthiest people in the world, but it think you get the point.
    And the other five are Republican. What the hell WAS your point, anyway?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 02:171 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And the other five are Republican. What the hell WAS your point, anyway?
    Nice try Suzy. I'm thoroughly tired of hearing about the evil "republican" billionaires. The article posted by finnegan mentions the top 8. From Forbes 100:

1) Bill Gates - D
    2) Warren Buffet - D
    3) Jeff Bezos - D
    4) Amancio Ortega - Foreign
    5) Mark Zuckerburg - D
    6) Carlos Slim - Foreign
    7) Larry Ellison - R/Libretarian
    8) Charles Koch - R/Libretarian

That's 50% of top 8 are Democrat.

25% Rep/Libertarian.

And to add insult to injury the 50% of the top 8 mentioned in the article are the very top 4 in the USA.

Perhaps since they are Dems they will just give their fortune away and cure world poverty...why don't you hold your breath until that happens!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:38
    That article doesn't seem to name them and there political affiliations.

Bill Gates-democrat
    Warren Buffet - democrat
    Jeff Bezos - democrat
    Mark Zuckerberg - democrat
    Micheal Bloomberg- democrat

That's cherry picking a bit out of the top 10 wealthiest people in the world, but it think you get the point.
    That's about 300 billion for democrats.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 10:303 edits
    Nice try Suzy. I'm thoroughly tired of hearing about the evil "republican" billionaires. The article posted by finnegan mentions the top 8. From Forbes 100:

1) Bill Gates - D
    2) Warren Buffet - D
    3) Jeff Bezos - D
    5) Mark Zuckerburg - D
    6) Carlos Slim - Foreign
    8) Charles Koch - R/L ...[text shortened]... e their fortune away and cure world poverty...why don't you hold your breath until that happens!
    I just find it somewhat disingenuous that your "top 10 wealthiest people in the world" suddenly became the top 8.

And I really doubt if you are as tired of hearing about them as the rest of the world is.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 12:24
    Yet looking to the rich fat cats in Corporate America saving us is genius, right?

BWAhahahahahahah!

Ignorant morons. The Republican Party is only FOR THE RICH. Do you qualify? Somehow I didn't think so. They're not looking out for you. They're LYING to you to get your ignorant votes. That's it, that's all. They're USING you.

They're only in ...[text shortened]... isecond you use it. At that point you become useless to them, at least until the next election.
    Wait...........wut?

So me ragging on the Dims means that the Pubes are our saviors?

In case you had not noticed, the Pubes refuse to repeal Obamacare after running on it for 8 years.

Mwhahahaha!!!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 12:25

1) Bill Gates - D
    2) Warren Buffet - D
    3) Jeff Bezos - D
    5) Mark Zuckerburg - D
    6) Carlos Slim - Foreign
    8) Charles Koch - R/L ...[text shortened]... e their fortune away and cure world poverty...why don't you hold your breath until that happens!
    Stop providing facts.

This is a Prog safe zone.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 13:321 edit
    I just find it somewhat disingenuous that your "top 10 wealthiest people in the world" suddenly became the top 8.

And I really doubt if you are as tired of hearing about them as the rest of the world is.
    The article posted by finnegan states "8" people in the world have the equivalent wealth of 3.6 billion of the poorest. I'm fairly certain they are talking about the top "8". So I provided the top "8" wealthiest from Forbes top 100. What is disengenuous about that!! I was revising an earlier post where I cherry picked all the Dems out of the top 10 to prove a point. However, it turns out just presenting the top 8 and not cherry picking was as bad, if not worse.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 15:42

1) Bill Gates - D
    2) Warren Buffet - D
    3) Jeff Bezos - D
    5) Mark Zuckerburg - D
    6) Carlos Slim - Foreign
    Actually, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are the two largest (by dollar amount) philanthropists in the U.S., and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest private charity foundation in the world.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump stole from his son's (modest) children's hospital charity.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Actually, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are the two largest (by dollar amount) philanthropists in the U.S., and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest private charity foundation in the world.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump stole from his son's (modest) children's hospital charity.
    You do realize that Warren Buffett is known for tax evasion, right?

Hilarious.

Trump has his charities as well, as did Al Capone.

It gives them all an air of legitimacy.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 14:57

It looks as though he might donate 10-15% of his annual income to his own charity. He could donate 95% of his income and still be extremely wealthy, probably 10 times wealthier than Trump or more on an annual basis. So really, just how philanthropic is he?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 15:121 edit
    It looks as though he might donate 10-15% of his annual income to his own charity. He could donate 95% of his income and still be extremely wealthy, probably 10 times wealthier than Trump or more on an annual basis. So really, just how philanthropic is he?
    Bill Gates has said he will donate at least 95% of his fortune to charity. The Gates' have said they will leave their children with an inheritance of $10 million each, which would entail donating more than 99% of the Gates' fortune at current market rates.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 15:18
    Bill Gates has said he will donate at least 95% of his fortune to charity. The Gates' have said they will leave their children with an inheritance of $10 million each, which would entail donating more than 99% of the Gates' fortune at current market rates.
    His family will also undoubtedly run the foundation which receives the donation, if/when that day actually comes.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 16:15
    His family will also undoubtedly run the foundation which receives the donation, if/when that day actually comes.
    Did you learn that shameless, unrepentant attitude when caught lying from Donald Trump?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 16:431 edit
    Did you learn that shameless, unrepentant attitude when caught lying from Donald Trump?
    A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. We'll see when he donates his fortune, and where it goes.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 09:17
    A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. We'll see when he donates his fortune, and where it goes.
    No doubt he secretly pledged his fortune to child abuse colonies on Mars.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree