1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 23:552 edits
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2012/01/wh-to-journalists-youre-obsolete-112632.html

The White House's drive to embrace new media and technology will achieve nirvana next week as President Barack Obama participates in what his aids are proudly billing as the "first completly-virtual interview from the White House."

Yes, that's right. We journalists are now entirely superfluous and irrelevant. The White House can solicit questions directly from the public and no third-party involvement is required. Max Headroom would be proud.

Rest assured, the online chat about Obama's State of the Union speech won't be completly unmoderated. Someone or something will have to select the question to be asked and those to be skipped over. As past experience has demonstrated, allowing pure people power to dictate that will result in a raft of questions about marijuana legalization. So someone will be filtering, but it won't be a member of the dreaded mainstream media or even the advocacy press.

Credit a few White House press corps veterns, like ABC's Ann Compton, for spotting the disintermediation trend early on.

Perhaps we can find jobs in the coming renaissance of American manufacturing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the press has finally figured out they are irrelevant? Also, what is this talk of a coming renaissance of American manufacturing? I was thinking more in the lines of the new green jobs that will open up soon. No worries journalists, jobs will be in great supply in the near term!! 😵

So I guess we are to look forward to questions coming directly from the villiage idiots instead of those who know where the bodies are buried, so to speak. Granted, those that do know where the bodies are buried often are wise enough to pretend they don't exist, but the threat lies there nonetheless and that threat will soon be diminished.

So how about it America? When is the Prez gonna let you smoke tokes? How about letting that gay couple across the street from marrying? Please begin to prepare your thought provoking questions for Barak Obama.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 00:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2012/01/wh-to-journalists-youre-obsolete-112632.html

The White House's drive to embrace new media and technology will achieve nirvana next week as President Barack Obama participates in what his aids are proudly billing as the "first completly-virtual interview from the White House."

Yes, that's right. We j ...[text shortened]... om marrying? Please begin to prepare your thought provoking questions for Barak Obama.
    If Newt builds a city on the Moon I nominate you for mayor.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 00:092 edits
    In this article, it shows a nasty exchange between Helen Thomas and Robert Gibbs in terms of who was called upon in the press core.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=71172

Apparently Helen got wind that a journalist from the liberal Huffington Post had been e-mailed the day before a White House press conference with the press and said that the White House requested that he ask a question about Iran that came from the people of Iran. Basically the White House was preparing who and what questions would be asked prior to the press meeting. Helen went off on Gibbs and even so much as said that Nixon was not as controlling with the press.

Edit: For future reference, any participation in this thread should first be PM'd to me before you post to see if its an "appropriate" post. Thanks for that!! 😵
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 03:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    In this article, it shows a nasty exchange between Helen Thomas and Robert Gibbs in terms of who was called upon in the press core.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=71172

Apparently Helen got wind that a journalist from the liberal Huffington Post had been e-mailed the day before a White House press conference with the press and said that the ...[text shortened]... rst be PM'd to me before you post to see if its an "appropriate" post. Thanks for that!! 😵
    ....no need whoodley, I'll make sure I only serve up observational argument that Fox and Friends would be proud of...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree