1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 02:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are right, except, only 3% of the people at the border qualify for asylum. You are off about 97%.
    Fox News is the single worst thing to happen to sanity in this country.
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 02:377 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are right, except, only 3% of the people at the border qualify for asylum. You are off about 97%.
    Wrong again liar Joe boy; here are the only things that can bar someone from claiming asylum in the USA:
    Mandatory Bars
    Conviction of an aggravated felony
    Support of any terrorist group
    Assisted in the persecution of others.

You are off about 99% liar Joe boy.
    Read this whole link on the law for seeking asylum in the USA. Reasonable fear for their life and their children lives is alone enough. Stealing their babies out of their arms after a 2000 mile walk has nothing to do with our laws; and especially the laws of God. That's Trumps and republicans illegal laws that they just make up as they go along; while praising Jesus out of the other side of their mouths on Sundays or at their pep rallies for votes.
    https://www.politicalasylumusa.com/application-for-asylum/
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 11:40
    @kingdavid403 said
    Wrong again liar Joe boy; here are the only things that can bar someone from claiming asylum in the USA:
    Mandatory Bars
    Conviction of an aggravated felony
    Support of any terrorist group
    Assisted in the persecution of others.

You are off about 99% l ...[text shortened]... days or at their pep rallies for votes.
    https://www.politicalasylumusa.com/application-for-asylum/
    We just have to disagree, I guess. And the M-13 guys? Are they asylum seekers?
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 11:42
    @suzianne said
    Fox News is the single worst thing to happen to sanity in this country.
    I hear Fox has a new CEO. Maybe its slant will change under new leadership.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 12:13
    @moonbus said
    I for one definitely would like to see more liberal contributors, would make for more interesting banter. I heard Ms Brazil struggling and dancing in a Sean Hannity interview, I think she did not give him one yes or no answer, painful.....
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 12:21
    @moonbus said
    They will still be Trump's mouthpiece.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 12:38
    @js357 said
    You previously said “There were always some issues like abortion, death penalty and gun control which there seemed to be diametrically opposed views”.

If members of a society have diametrically opposed views on significant issues, but can reach agreement on permissible and impermissible acts, they and their society will be less vulnerable to manipulation. This ...[text shortened]... a ‘feature’ of their democracy, a degree of moral ambiguity (or diversity) and political gradualism.
    But I don't think we have a consensus on these issues. There are many mainstream people who believe we should make abortion illegal. There is (an often different) group of people who feel the death penalty should be illegal. While most of us agree to abide by the law whether we agree with it or not, to many these are open issues and thus I'd argue there is no consensus at all.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 13:053 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Indeed there is an issue here. But I would ask Sonhouse in particular whether the issue is not about the earth being flat* but is instead about the existence of people whose world view includes the earth being flat. This is the great equalizer when it comes to issues. How can people come to believe what they (we) believe, when the beliefs so completely contradict one another? And how has this world become a place where people feel justified, even obligated, to kill others for having the “wrong” beliefs? It comes down to whether and how much we feel threatened. Those who seek to spread divisiveness in society have this as their objective - to create fear.

*Edit: I suppose the flat earth question is a non-issue to the extent that it creates no fear.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 14:063 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    We just have to disagree, I guess. And the M-13 guys? Are they asylum seekers?
    And the M-13 guys? Are they asylum seekers?
    That's the less than one percent that should not be allowed in. I'm sure most of them are already convicted of an aggravated felony; Fairly easy to spot them out; mostly teenagers covered in gang tattoos, who cannot go five minutes without flashing gang signs. I guess I don't see the problem with them sneaking in any longer. They are a big reason these people are fleeing their country's of origin.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 15:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    Hey Joe, are you still running two RHP accounts? That's 100% dishonest, you know.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 19:55
    @handyandy said
    Hey Joe, are you still running two RHP accounts? That's 100% dishonest, you know.
    Even if we are friends? I'll look at those rules
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 21:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    Even if we are friends? I'll look at those rules
    Multiple personalities aren't friends.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '19 02:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '19 15:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That’s funny!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree