1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 09:122 edits
    “I built what I built myself.” This boast has long been at the core of the mythology of Donald Trump. Trump's financial records however tell a very different story.

Mr. Trump is only self-made if you don’t count the massive financial rewards he received from his father’s business beginning as a toddler. (By age 3, little Donald was reportedly pulling in an annual income of what today would be $200,000 a year.) These benefits included not only the usual perks of hailing from a rich, well-connected family — the connections, the access to credit, the built-in safety net. For the Trumps, it also involved direct cash gifts and tens of millions in “loans” that never charged interest or had to be repaid. Fred Trump even purchased several properties and business ventures, putting ownership either fully or partly in the names of his children, who reaped the profits. Yet despite all these advantages he still went bankrupt 6 times! Asked for comment on The Times’s findings, a lawyer for the president provided a written statement denying any wrongdoing and asserting that, in fact, Mr. Trump had little to do with the dizzying transactions involving his family’s wealth.

Veterans of New York news media still laugh to recall how Mr. Trump would call them up, pretending to be a publicist named John Barron, or sometimes John Miller, in order to regale them with tales of Mr. Trump’s glamorous personal life — how many models he was dating, which actresses were pursuing him, which celebrities he was hanging out with. As gross and tacky and bizarre as this all seemed, it was aimed squarely at fostering the image of Donald Trump as a master of the universe who, as the cliché goes, women wanted and men wanted to be.

Trump supporters - I know you'd rather cry "fake news" than you would fact the facts, but Donald Trump is not the success story he pretends to be.

-Now stop stalling and show us those tax returns, Mr. President!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/opinion/donald-trump-tax-fraud-fred.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-has-trump-declared-bankruptcy-four-or-six-times/?utm_term=.4f29778e04d1
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 15:09
    @mchill said
    “I built what I built myself.” This boast has long been at the core of the mythology of Donald Trump. Trump's financial records however tell a very different story.

Mr. Trump is only self-made if you don’t count the massive financial rewards he received from his father’s business beginning as a toddler. (By age 3, little Donald was reportedly pulling in an annual income of ...[text shortened]... esidential-debate/fact-check-has-trump-declared-bankruptcy-four-or-six-times/?utm_term=.4f29778e04d1
    538 has an amusing story about the National Enquirer's coverage of Trump in the 1990s. While any "facts" uncovered by NE are questionable this is an interesting tidbit for our right wing friends:

The Jan. 4, 1994, issue of the National Enquirer in my pile had its cover nearly torn off, but I could still read its headline: “Donald & Marla’s Wedding Album.” Susan Lucci, Howard Stern, New York City Mayor David Dinkins, O.J. Simpson, Don King and Rosie O’Donnell were there. His children from his first marriage — “Donny,” Ivanka and Eric — were not.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-the-national-enquirer-covered-trump-in-the-90s/

Some group.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 18:06
    @no1marauder said
    538 has an amusing story about the National Enquirer's coverage of Trump in the 1990s. While any "facts" uncovered by NE are questionable this is an interesting tidbit for our right wing friends:

The Jan. 4, 1994, issue of the National Enquirer in my pile had its cover nearly torn off, but I could still read its headline: “Donald & Marla’s Wedding Album.” Susan Lucci, ...[text shortened]... ps://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-the-national-enquirer-covered-trump-in-the-90s/

Some group.
    I’m with you Marauder That is reason enough for me. Let’s Get Trump out of office. Get the dems in there. Cortez is getting up a list of dems who won’t stay in line, pretty good Marxist stuff, and says they will be replaced, by god. Once domination is set, then go after all the money that is in the hands of the people! I would make an example of the baseball player who today got a $350Million contract. I think $10M a year is plenty. Who do you think will be on Cortez’s panel to do this. Maybe KingDavid, a perfect choice!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 19:54
    @AverageJoe1
    Sarcasm is not your best suite it seems. Don't quit your day job.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree