1. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 17:23
    What is the rationale besides he's president and the process is too messy to replace the president?
    I believe that this is the issue around which this spate of sexual allegations will lose steam.
    Franken and other lesser mortals can be spared (i.e. removed from office) in order to bring this discomforting issue under control, but not the alpha male.
    This leaves women's position very, very slightly improved (for having had the conversation so public at all); leaves the biological privilege of sexual predation or initiation to the male, where most men and more than a few women are most comfortable; manages to move this conversation off center stage which everyone except the pure radicals wants and leaves the president reestablished as above the law.
    Does anyone else remember when Nixon said: "If the president
    does it, it's legal."
    And my very favorite: does anyone else remember when Nixon said that (I paraphrase) "The country cannot survive the trauma of removing the Vice-president (Agnew) from office"?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 17:44
    There are more serious issues (from the perspective of his ability to govern) that should force Trump to resign, such as his solicitation, acceptance and payment of bribes.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 17:51
    Originally posted by @stevemcc
    Doug Jones says Trump should not resign because of sexual allegations.
    Okay. Then how about resigning because he's a liar, a swindler, and an
    obsessive narcissist who is ill-equipped and mentally unfit to do the job.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 18:21
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    There are more serious issues (from the perspective of his ability to govern) that should force Trump to resign, such as his solicitation, acceptance and payment of bribes.
    Agreed.
  5. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 21:08
    Doug Jones is right. Trump should certainly not resign before the 2018 congressional elections.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '17 21:19
    What is it about liberals that they don't understand what "alleged" means?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    19 Dec '17 01:31
    Originally posted by @teinosuke
    Doug Jones is right. Trump should certainly not resign before the 2018 congressional elections.
    What do the elections have to do with it
  8. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '17 08:20
    Originally posted by @stevemcc
    What do the elections have to do with it
    Any Democrat with a strategic interest in victory should want Trump to be President in November next year.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '17 10:15
    Originally posted by @teinosuke
    True. He should't resign, he should be resigned. With extreme prejudice.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '17 13:37
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    One question you ultra righters can't answer: Why does Trump hide his tax returns? It leads to questions about what the return will reveal, now we can only guess, payments made by Russians, corporations, whatever, perhaps hiding bribes. Till he releases the returns this \kind of speculation will never cease.

The problem for Trump lovers is us libs may be right.

A narcisstic sociopath non-reading president accepting bribes.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '17 15:222 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Correction. Alleged liberals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree