Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Oct '17 13:09
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/world/asia/north-korea-hacking-cybersecurity.html

    North Korea does not need to have any trade to make money, they just steal it through hacking.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    16 Oct '17 14:25
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/world/asia/north-korea-hacking-cybersecurity.html

    North Korea does not need to have any trade to make money, they just steal it through hacking.
    Of all the countries from Haiti to Iran which the USA has tried to impoverish through sanctions, how often has the USA achieved its policy goals by this means?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Oct '17 14:27
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Of all the countries from Haiti to Iran which the USA has tried to impoverish through sanctions, how often has the USA achieved its policy goals by this means?
    None.

    My guess is they use it just to slow them down a bit.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    16 Oct '17 15:18
    Originally posted by @whodey
    None.

    My guess is they use it just to slow them down a bit.
    My guess is that, since it has no justifiable policy objective and serves no realistic goal, then the determination of the USA to impoverish the people of other countries which fail - like Haiti say - to comply with the USA's own ideological preferences, is immoral and vindictive, as well as being illegal.

    Look what happened when the USA lifted its trade embargo against China. It did not liberate a stream of communists to undermine civilisation as we know it. Instead, it radically transformed China itself in ways that the USA surely welcomes and China joined the international trade fellowship and engaged in effective diplomacy instead of empty rhetorical abuse on both sides.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Oct '17 19:081 edit
    According to this article, NK can use nukes to do an EMP attack, which may devastate 90% of the US population.

    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/congress-warned-north-korean-emp-attack-would-kill-90-of-all-americans/article/2637349

    If so, happy days are here again for people such as yourself who hate the US.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    16 Oct '17 22:231 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    According to this article, NK can use nukes to do an EMP attack, which may devastate 90% of the US population.

    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/congress-warned-north-korean-emp-attack-would-kill-90-of-all-americans/article/2637349

    If so, happy days are here again for people such as yourself who hate the US.
    Is that like the imminent threat Iraq posed to the western world and civilisation as we knew it at the time of the boozy Bush child?

    ...Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss


    YouTube
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Oct '17 22:41
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Is that like the imminent threat Iraq posed to the western world and civilisation as we knew it at the time of the boozy Bush child?

    ...Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrmQBPg2s0
    Are you disputing their capability?

    I would like to think that NK is not suicidal.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    16 Oct '17 22:44
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Are you disputing their capability?

    I would like to think that NK is not suicidal.
    I would like to think the USA is not genocidal.



    It'd be nice.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Oct '17 22:48
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    I would like to think the USA is not genocidal.



    It'd be nice.
    50 plus million abortions and counting.

    Sorry to bust your bubble.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    17 Oct '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    50 plus million abortions and counting.

    Sorry to bust your bubble.
    Your head is a never ending closed loop, impregnable to external influence.
Back to Top