1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 11:36
    YouTube
    the NRA has a mascot named Eddie Eagle. there is an 18 page application to get the costume. there are 36 rules and regulations for using it. there is a 20 day waiting period. once you get it, you may not resell it.

can you smell the irony? smells like freedom.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 15:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usgOsNhkKVE
    the NRA has a mascot named Eddie Eagle. there is an 18 page application to get the costume. there are 36 rules and regulations for using it. there is a 20 day waiting period. once you get it, you may not resell it.

can you smell the irony? smells like freedom.
    ....and you need a licence to have it.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 15:141 edit
    As much as I love when gun-nuts get roasted, there's an important difference between obtaining the costume and buying guns: the costume is proprietary. The hassle to get a Micky Mouse costume is probably worse.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 15:50
    Originally posted by vivify
    As much as I love when gun-nuts get roasted, there's an important difference between obtaining the costume and buying guns: the costume is proprietary. The hassle to get a Micky Mouse costume is probably worse.
    the nra decided you need to be qualified (according to their rules) to own an Eddie. it decided that someone might misuse the costume an cause damage to that image. it doesn't care that someone might misuse a gun and cause damage to a person.

the paralel stands.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 18:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 07:21
    the nra decided you need to be qualified (according to their rules) to own an Eddie. it decided that someone might misuse the costume an cause damage to that image. it doesn't care that someone might misuse a gun and cause damage to a person.

the paralel stands.
    There is no parallel here zahahaha, this is the opposite of parallel, it's two lines perpendicular to each other on different planes.

In one case, free people set terms and conditions for trade with each other, no force, no coercion, no threats of force.

In the other case terms and conditions of trade are set for them, these terms and conditions are backed by force, coercion and threats of force.

I can see no one could be bothered responding to your thread because it's just tooooooo obvious. Hope you appreciate my time in setting you straight, so as not to embarrass yourself further.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    yes, that's why i had to delete "the" from the title just before hitting post. trailer looks funny, but i doubt the movie would be that enjoyable once the humor runs out.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:26
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    There is no parallel here zahahaha, this is the opposite of parallel, it's two lines perpendicular to each other on different planes.

In one case, free people set terms and conditions for trade with each other, no force, no coercion, no threats of force.

In the other case terms and conditions of trade are set for them, these terms and conditions [i][b]a ...[text shortened]... . Hope you appreciate my time in setting you straight, so as not to embarrass yourself further.
    that's the point, dumbass. the organization that advocates rabidly for no regulations for boomsticks has a ton of regulations for an eagle costume.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:35
    that's the point, dumbass. the organization that advocates rabidly for no regulations for boomsticks has a ton of regulations for an eagle costume.
    The point, dolt boy is that they chose those regulations, they are not forced on them. Really didn't think this needed further clarifying.

And now my effort to save you further embarrassment is wasted, you are intent on it, some kind of masochistic kink you have.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:41
    The point, dolt boy is that they chose those regulations, they are not forced on them. Really didn't think this needed further clarifying.

And now my effort to save you further embarrassment is wasted, you are intent on it, some kind of masochistic kink you have.
    "The point, dolt boy is that they chose those regulations, they are not forced on them. "
    the NRA forces those regulations on anyone wanting to purchase an Eddie. or looking from the other point of view, the american people want to be able to choose gun regulations but the NRA constantly manipulates politicians and blocks any gun control bill.

"Really didn't think this needed further clarifying. "
    that's because you're stupid.

"And now my effort to save you further embarrassment is wasted, you are intent on it, some kind of masochistic kink you have."
    awww, ain't that cute.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 08:58
    "The point, dolt boy is that they chose those regulations, they are not forced on them. "
    the NRA forces those regulations on anyone wanting to purchase an Eddie. or looking from the other point of view, the american people want to be able to choose gun regulations but the NRA constantly manipulates politicians and blocks any gun control bill.

"Reall ...[text shortened]... s wasted, you are intent on it, some kind of masochistic kink you have."
    awww, ain't that cute.
    No the NRA does not force anything, they offer something, with as many, or as few conditions, attached as they like. Other people chose to trade with them if they agree with those terms and conditions.

Neither party can force anything on themselves. Agreed?
    Neither party can force anything on the other party. Agreed?

So now we arrive at the example you're such a fan of. A third party forcing their terms an conditions on the trade. My patience is wearing thin here zahahahaha. You must see the difference. People set themselves all sorts of regimes, conditions, even rules if you like, but they must choose them, no-one is going to do that for them, Exercise might be a good example, There's a difference between choosing to run a marathon and being dragged behind a car so that you are forced to run.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 11:411 edit
    No the NRA does not force anything, they offer something, with as many, or as few conditions, attached as they like. Other people chose to trade with them if they agree with those terms and conditions.

So now we arrive at the example ...[text shortened]... between choosing to run a marathon and being dragged behind a car so that you are forced to run.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 11:51

So now we arrive at the example ...[text shortened]... between choosing to run a marathon and being dragged behind a car so that you are forced to run.
    "Other people chose to trade with them if they agree with those terms and conditions."
    so too people wanting to buy guns can choose to trade with a gun seller if they agree with terms and conditions.

"Neither party can force anything on themselves. Agreed?
    Neither party can force anything on the other party. Agreed?"
    yes. this is my argument but you're to dim to get it. gun control doesn't force you to do anything. if you want a gun, you should abide by gun control rules. just like people wanting an eddie should abide by NRA rules.

"People set themselves all sorts of regimes, conditions, even rules if you like, but they must choose them, no-one is going to do that for them,"
    people are trying to choose them, but the NRA keeps blocking them. contrary to the wishes of the people.

"There's a difference between choosing to run a marathon and being dragged behind a car so that you are forced to run"
    yet gun control doesn't drag you behind a car, dumbass. it just says you should at least have shoes to compete in a marathon and you can't drive a motorcycle in one.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 01:55
    "Other people chose to trade with them if they agree with those terms and conditions."
    so too people wanting to buy guns can choose to trade with a gun seller if they agree with terms and conditions.

"Neither party can force anything on themselves. Agreed?
    Neither party can force anything on the other party. Agreed?"
    yes. this is my argument but yo ...[text shortened]... you should at least have shoes to compete in a marathon and you can't drive a motorcycle in one.
    "yes. this is my argument but you're to dim to get it."

I'm so dim yet I can see right through you. How dim does that make you? What I am illustrating here is that there is no parallel and no irony between forcing terms and conditions of trade on others and choosing terms of conditions and trade for yourself. For a Romanian software engineer you seem to get all het up and emotional when it comes to gun control in another country. We'll credit you with a modicum of intelligence but this evaporates at the mention of guns. You need to take a step back and take a breath.

And I think the key here is this statement:

"people are trying to choose them, but the NRA keeps blocking them. contrary to the wishes of the people"

I don't believe the NRA is blocking you from doing as many checks as you like before selling a gun. I imagine if someone chose not to sell a gun to another because of how they looked, you'd be the first one on here typing up a storm on how they should be forced to sell the gun. So the NRA are not blocking you from performing checks, that's emotion evaporating the intelligence right there.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 13:07
    "yes. this is my argument but you're to dim to get it."

I'm so dim yet I can see right through you. How dim does that make you? What I am illustrating here is that there is no parallel and no irony between forcing terms and conditions of trade on others and choosing terms of conditions and trade for yourself. For a Romanian software engineer you s ...[text shortened]... ot blocking you from performing checks, that's emotion evaporating the intelligence right there.
    "I'm so dim yet I can see right through you. How dim does that make you?"
    you are a debating titan. how can i follow up on this masterful argument.

"What I am illustrating here is that there is no parallel and no irony between forcing terms and conditions of trade on others and choosing terms of conditions and trade for yourself. "
    NRA forces terms and conditions on the eddie, the government should force terms and conditions on guns. Those that want to buy an eddie can do so if they accept the terms and conditions. Those that want to buy guns can do so if they accept the terms and conditions.

"choosing terms of conditions and trade for yourself. "
    nobody is choosing terms of conditions and trade, you are talking out of your ass.

"For a Romanian software engineer you seem to get all het up and emotional when it comes to gun control in another country. "
    i get bored. mocking right wingers is entertaining. with you i don't even have to try very hard.

"I don't believe the NRA is blocking you from doing as many checks as you like before selling a gun"
    from time to time, your stupid comes out too strong and i must take a moment to recover. here it was particularly stupid, almost threw an exception.

oh you mean the NRA is not actually forbidding a trader from doing something to harm his business. he can always choose to handicap himself by doing checks nobody else has to.
    maybe it should be like this with all businesses. if you are a restaurant owner it should be up to you whether you sell spoiled food or not. perhaps there should also be a lobby blocking any food hygiene regulations. that way you can come up here and say that although there isn't a law preventing restaurants from selling spoiled food, nobody is blocking them from throwing out the bad food, invest in food preservation and have their employees wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree