1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:21
    Every election is simply a biased survey. Elections are over represented by those with extreme views due to voluntary response bias.

It is what it is. The two party system simply magnifies the problem. Primaries suffer from voluntary response bias as well. This means more likely extreme candidates both left and right.

So we get to vote for Trump, Obama and Hillary.

I don't count Kerry or McCain or Al Gore...who in their right mind would vote for those wackos?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Every election is simply a biased survey. Elections are over represented by those with extreme views due to voluntary response bias.

It is what it is. The two party system simply magnifies the problem. Primaries suffer from voluntary response bias as well. This means more likely extreme candidates both left and right.

So we get to vote for Trump, Obama ...[text shortened]...
    I don't count Kerry or McCain or Al Gore...who in their right mind would vote for those wackos?
    I'll have you know that these are giant intellectuals, enlightened sages, super duper greatness that is incalculable!!! 😲

LMAO! Yea, I have no idea how these idiots get so such positions of power.. 😵
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 20:48

How would you make them less biased?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 20:50

So, McCain is a "wacko" in your mind, but Trump is not?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 22:24
    Originally posted by @sh76
    McCain is a rather sad figure.

He could not live up to his daddy admiral, and was a poor student that got to fly planes because of who his daddy was. Then, surprise, surprise, he got shot down and captured. Naturally, being the son of an admiral, they made some deals to get him home.

Then, knowing that he had to real future in the navy, he turned to politics where he claimed to be a Republican but was anything but. He was a warmonger and a failed political figure that lost to Obama in the bid to be President.

I will never forget how he turned a blind eye to the doctors at the VA who reached out to him for help as veterans were put on secret death lists because the VA did not have enough money and staff to treat the very sick soldiers.

What a despicable human being.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 23:15
    Originally posted by @whodey

He could not live up to his daddy admiral, and was a poor student that got to fly planes because of who his daddy was. Then, surprise, surprise, he got shot down and captured. Naturally, being the son of an admiral, they made some deals to get him home.

Then, knowing that he had to real future in the navy, he turned to ...[text shortened]... ave enough money and staff to treat the very sick soldiers.

That, Sir....was a despicable post. 😠
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 23:27
    Originally posted by @whodey

Then, knowing that he had to real future in the navy, he turned to ...[text shortened]... ave enough money and staff to treat the very sick soldiers.

"Secret death lists"??

And you wonder why people think you're either lying or just plain stupid.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 01:00
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Yes
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 16:23

The establishment loves the two party majority and their news media keeps it that way by ignoring other political parties. It is called divide and conquer. It works.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 19:44

“Elections are over represented by those with extreme views due to voluntary response bias.“

I say that elections are over represented by those exploiting extreme views due to voluntary response bias. They needn’t actually have the views they exploit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree