Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    12 Nov '15 20:02
    So now Joe the plumber is now the Governor of Florida,

    Bill Cooper, an insurance salesman in Indiana, is now President.

    Mary Washington, a night clerk at the Ramada in DC is now Vice President.

    Jon Stewart is now a Senator.

    Billy the Butcher is now the Secretary of state.

    And so forth.

    Can that way POSSIBLY be worse than the BS system we have now?

    Lottery ensures nobody but nobody is bought off, at least the first day....
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Nov '15 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So now Joe the plumber is now the Governor of Florida,

    Bill Cooper, an insurance salesman in Indiana, is now President.

    Mary Washington, a night clerk at the Ramada in DC is now Vice President.

    Jon Stewart is now a Senator.

    Billy the Butcher is now the Secretary of state.

    And so forth.

    Can that way POSSIBLY be worse than the BS system we have now?

    Lottery ensures nobody but nobody is bought off, at least the first day....
    All honkie names? One female (and in the s**t job)? The fix is in,
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    13 Nov '15 19:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    All honkie names? One female (and in the s**t job)? The fix is in,
    So is that a negative comment on the concept or just flippant?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    13 Nov '15 21:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So is that a negative comment on the concept or just flippant?
    I thought the OP was flippant, so responded in kind.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    13 Nov '15 21:39
    Originally posted by JS357
    I thought the OP was flippant, so responded in kind.
    I agreed with your assessment, and decided not to respond.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2415
    14 Nov '15 19:40
    "In America, anyone can become president. That's just one of the risks you take!"

    -- Adlai Stevenson II
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Nov '15 02:37
    If democracy became a lottery, that too would be fixed.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13032
    17 Nov '15 06:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So now Joe the plumber is now the Governor of Florida,

    Bill Cooper, an insurance salesman in Indiana, is now President.

    Mary Washington, a night clerk at the Ramada in DC is now Vice President.

    Jon Stewart is now a Senator.

    Billy the Butcher is now the Secretary of state.

    And so forth.

    Can that way POSSIBLY be worse than the BS system we have now?

    Lottery ensures nobody but nobody is bought off, at least the first day....
    It can't be worse than an Obama administration. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    17 Nov '15 14:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It can't be worse than an Obama administration. 😏
    Or Bush Jr.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    17 Nov '15 14:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    If democracy became a lottery, that too would be fixed.
    You could fix that by just sequestering the winners, no talkie no pickie no tickie.
    For awhile. Then you could have at least a week of honest governance.

    Maybe that's the key, just do a lottery once a month.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13032
    18 Nov '15 02:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or Bush Jr.
    On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Often referred to as 9/11, the attacks resulted in extensive death and destruction, triggering major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defining the presidency of George W. Bush. Over 3,000 people were killed during the attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C., including more than 400 police officers and firefighters.

    http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks

    World Trade Center Attack - LIVE News

    YouTube
Back to Top