When talking to the average Joe on both sides of the pond, it is
quite amazing how similar the attitudes of English and Americans are
regarding the world beyond their borders.
* Both see their currency as a matter of cultural identity, while it would
make more sense for Joe the Plumber to have the Amero and for Larry
the Sheep Banger to have the Euro.
* Both eat simplistic, fattening, lame food and, still, consider it to be
superior and/or take it and screw it up by adding their lousy local stuff,
such as yellowish artificial cheese or boiled eggs.
* Both have fat asses and get angry at the world
* Both have a delirium of persecution, i.e. they feel everybody is after
their lucky charms and/or the "bad guys" are after them because they
feel so envious of their marvelous stuff.
* Both loathe immigrants, even though the immigrants work as hard
as their fore, fore, forefathers did while they, the current ones, sit and
* Both lack the sensibility to learn other languages and inmerse in
* Both recognize as culturally worthy only those things
sung/spoken/written in their own language.
* Both are paranoid.
* Both see themselves as superior, yet if they manage to reach a
graduate education, it is in theater,
graphic arts, or human resources... while the Pakistanis and the
Chinese immigrants are the ones studying mathemathics, astronomy
- - -
(1) This post is not putting forward for debate the examples given, just
the allegation in itself. If you want to debate the issues used as
examples please abstain. After all, nobody cares what you think.
(2) I apologize for the above lazy and unsubstantiated theory,
particularly to all of you weirdos who take this debates forum too
seriously. Maybe you don't have in real life anybody to listen to you, so
this is all you got. Fair enough, I say.
- - -
This post was brought to you thanks to the kind sponsorship of the
George W. Bush Foundation for Beauty Pageants' World Peace. We
also would like to thank Rush Limbaugh for his observations when
editing this post.