Er.....um.....France is burning

Er.....um.....France is burning

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
25 Nov 18
1 edit

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/paris-burning-protesters-set-streets-fire-8th-day-225523581--abc-news-topstories.html

I'd hate to see the carbon emissions from all these fires.

Anyhew.

France is now burning over protests for the French government raising the cost of fuel about 30 cents.

So how can these radicals be suppressed as the brave leaders of the French government try to save mother earth with higher taxes? In fact, what if these radicals elect a populist like Donald Trump who will heed their concerns and lower taxes on fuel, thus destroying the environment?

Should France declare Marshall law and suspend elections to save Mother Earth or are there enough votes to keep the Left wing government in place?

Moves
25 Nov 18

Err.. hellooo...

MB

Moves
25 Nov 18

@whodey said
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/paris-burning-protesters-set-streets-fire-8th-day-225523581--abc-news-topstories.html

Anyhew.

France is now burning over protests for the French government raising the cost of fuel about 30 cents.

So how can these radicals be suppressed as the brave leaders of the French government ...[text shortened]... elections to save Mother Earth or are there enough votes to keep the Left wing government in place?
This is a preview of what will happen if the global warming alarmists get their carbon tax. The poor will revolt and it will be messy.

w

Moves
25 Nov 18

@metal-brain said
This is a preview of what will happen if the global warming alarmists get their carbon tax. The poor will revolt and it will be messy.
The uneducated and unenlightened masses will simply have to be rounded up and "dealt with".

After all, there is a world to save.

Why not just pay the extra 30 cents and save the world?

Makes no sense to me.

MB

Moves
25 Nov 18

@whodey said
The uneducated and unenlightened masses will simply have to be rounded up and "dealt with".

After all, there is a world to save.

Why not just pay the extra 30 cents and save the world?

Makes no sense to me.
The poor are burdened more by fuel taxes. You don't see any upper class people setting fires in France. It is the poor. That is why the alarmists that support a tax (like Al Gore) are unwittingly supporting class warfare.

They know not what they do.

w

Moves
25 Nov 18
1 edit

@metal-brain said
The poor are burdened more by fuel taxes. You don't see any upper class people setting fires in France. It is the poor. That is why the alarmists that support a tax (like Al Gore) are unwittingly supporting class warfare.

Marie Antoinette just Tweeted, "Let them use electric cars"

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Nov 18

@whodey said

Should France declare Marshall law
You crack me up!
Marshall law .... Sheriffs and Deputies too I guess?

K

Germany

Moves
25 Nov 18

@metal-brain said

There are plenty of places with higher fuel duties and no fuel duty riots.

A

RSA

Moves
25 Nov 18

@whodey said
Haha. However, it's unlikely that Marie Antoinette ever said "let them eat cake". Her supposed words were "Qu’ils mangent de la brioche", which doesn't even translate to "let them eat cake". It means "let them eat brioche" (obviously). In French, gâteau is a better word for cake.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Nov 18

@Ashiitaka
Let them eat cake, let them eat buns, still the same message of arrogance.

w

Moves
26 Nov 18

@wolfgang59 said
You crack me up!
Marshall law .... Sheriffs and Deputies too I guess?
Wait, martials are the ones with Sheriffs and Deputies.

Where did you go to school son?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Nov 18

@whodey said
Okay... haha... that is actually pretty damned funny!

MB

Moves
26 Nov 18

@kazetnagorra said
There are plenty of places with higher fuel duties and no fuel duty riots.
So explain why there are riots in France and not Germany.

K

Germany

Moves
26 Nov 18

@metal-brain said
So explain why there are riots in France and not Germany.
I did, in the other thread about this topic.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Nov 18

@whodey said

Anyhew.

So how can these radicals be suppressed as the brave leaders of the French government ...[text shortened]... elections to save Mother Earth or are there enough votes to keep the Left wing government in place?
Is it though? Is France really burning?

No. No it isn’t.
Not really.