1. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 22:43
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Yes please tell us all about the two seat F-22 since no one knows about them except you.
    Did you fail to notice he was talking about 2 separate incidents, thus 2 different pilots ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 23:09
    Originally posted by Barts
    Did you fail to notice he was talking about 2 separate incidents, thus 2 different pilots ?
    No I didn't because there weren't.

Only one
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 03:062 edits
    In April 1992, the first YF-22 crashed while landing at Edwards Air Force Base, California. The test pilot Tom Morgenfeld escaped without injury. The cause of the crash was found to be a flight control software error that failed to prevent a pilot-induced oscillation.[186]

The first crash of a production F-22 occurred during takeoff at Nellis Air Force Base on 20 December 2004, in which the pilot ejected safely prior to impact.[187][188] The crash investigation revealed that a brief interruption in power during an engine shutdown prior to flight caused a malfunction in the flight-control system;[189] consequently, the aircraft design was corrected to avoid the problem. All USAF F-22s were grounded for two weeks after the crash, but resumed operations after a review was completed.[190]

On 25 March 2009, an F-22 crashed 35 miles (56 km) northeast of Edwards Air Force Base during a test flight,[191] resulting in the death of Lockheed test pilot David P. Cooley. The aircraft was from the 411th Flight Test Squadron.[192] The Washington Post reported that the crash happened during a bombing test.[160] An Air Force Materiel Command investigation found that Cooley momentarily lost consciousness during a high-G maneuver then ejected after finding himself too low to recover. Cooley was killed by blunt-force trauma during ejection because of the F-22's speed and the windblast. The investigation found no problems with the design or airworthiness of the F-22.[193]

On 16 November 2010, an F-22 based at Elmendorf, AFB, Alaska, was reported overdue. ATC reportedly lost contact with the aircraft around 19:40 Alaska time.[194] The crash site was found and a search for the missing pilot is currently underway.[195]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-22_Raptor#Notable_accidents

That makes four - CA, CA, NV, AK
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 19:31
    Capt. Jeffrey Haney RIP. :'(

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/19/air-force-evidence-points-f-pilots-death/
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 21:53
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [i]In April 1992, the first YF-22 crashed while landing at Edwards Air Force Base,That makes four - CA, CA, NV, AK
    Oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about something that just happened in the last few days not over the past 18 years.

It's hard to keep up with what you are talking about when you keep moving the goal posts.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 23:45
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about something that just happened in the last few days not over the past 18 years.

It's hard to keep up with what you are talking about when you keep moving the goal posts.
    It's hard to keep up if you're lacking in reading comprehension skills. Notice how other people on the thread did figure out that he was talking about earlier incidents.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 00:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well, it's missing in Alaska anyway.

Imagine that. We can't find a stealth aircraft. It's like Red October in reverse!

http://defensetech.org/2010/11/17/f-22-raptor-missing-in-alaska/
    F-22 Raptor is an awesome aircraft but it was simply too expensive and had too many issues, the Eurofighter and the Mikoyan MiG-35 are equally as awesome!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree