1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 19:41
    The corporate news media is at it again. Instead of focusing blame on the FBI for dropping the ball on investigating Cruz it ignores it and pulled the bait and switch tactic. Soon after this story came to light it was overshadowed by Mueller's allegations against certain Russian individuals. A distraction tactic to take attention away from the FBI's incompetence? If not, why such little attention to the FBI letting all those kids die from Cruz's bullets? It could have been prevented, right?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/florida-shooting-fire-fbi-chief-christoper-wray/
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 19:53
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    The corporate news media is at it again. Instead of focusing blame on the FBI for dropping the ball on investigating Cruz it ignores it and pulled the bait and switch tactic. Soon after this story came to light it was overshadowed by Mueller's allegations against certain Russian individuals. A distraction tactic to take attention away from the FBI's inc ...[text shortened]... ight?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/florida-shooting-fire-fbi-chief-christoper-wray/
    Great, more conservative nonsense, like we don't have enough of that here already.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Great, more conservative nonsense, like we don't have enough of that here already.
    So you are saying the FBI did a great job? No blame for the FBI?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 23:45
    sluziann wont answer that, I guarantee.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 01:44
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    sluziann wont answer that, I guarantee.
    It's cute, the way you play with names. Did you learn that trick from Rush Limbaugh?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 04:23
    The corporate news media is at it again. Instead of focusing blame on the FBI for dropping the ball on investigating Cruz it ignores it and pulled the bait and switch tactic. Soon after this story came to light it was overshadowed by Mueller's allegations against certain Russian individuals. A distraction tactic to take attention away from the FBI's inc ...[text shortened]... ight?

How could it have been prevented under current Federal and Florida law? Cruz had no criminal record and got his AR-15 legally.

There was even an armed deputy at the school who cowered outside when the shooting started. The right wing "solutions" just don't work.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 04:591 edit
    Maybe the FBI did drop a ball.
    I can’t say.
    However, if they did it’s hardly likely that the cause was that too many resources were being pumped into the Trump investigation.

35.000 people work for the FBI.
    3 dozen (that’s 36) people are working on the Meuller team. Most of them have nothing to so with the FBI.

Now, 42% of households in the US have at least 1 gun.

The NRA has 5 million members.

16 million US adults had a major depression in 2012 (quickest figure to pop out in search... nothing suggests that figure will be smaller in 2017).

If the FBI failed, it was probably because the pond to sift through is so large.

How many 15 to 20 year olds have a depression, have reasonable access to a gun and have shown signs they might get aggressive?

How do you know, without hindsight, which ones to track more closely?

Now, the FBI gets guidence lines with indicators, but they’re also very likely to recieve political pressure as well: foreigners, gang members, etc. And more often than not, political interference negatively influences the indicators (which the FBI has the most advanced set of in the world! That’s why they get asked to advise, even in countries like Russia).

So, one of the US’s greatest assets is being questioned by the right-wing media over a situation beyond their control and blaming it misspent resources, which just isn’t true.

You know what I think of you yanks, and even I have to admit that the FBI’s behavioural analysis is second to none.

But when you have to fish the mad hatter out of an ocean of crazy, you are going to fail.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 13:21

What could the FBI have legally done to stop him?
  9. Joined
    04 Oct '10
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 16:15
    Originally posted by @vivify
    What could the FBI have legally done to stop him?
    This is a great point. I asked a lawyer friend what mechanisms are at law enforcement's disposal to "do" something about someone who has yet to commit a crime. He answered that it depends on the state. Apparently some states will permit a 72 hour hold for evaluation. I'm not sure what other states can do. Any lawyers or peace officers here who can weigh in?

Oh, and if there are police officers here, how do YOU feel about the the average American packing? Do you think arming teachers is a good idea? We hear a lot from politicians, but law enforcement is pretty quiet. What gives?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 16:49
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    How could it have been prevented under current Federal and Florida law? Cruz had no criminal record and got his AR-15 legally.

There was even an armed deputy at the school who cowered outside when the shooting started. The right wing "solutions" just don't work.
    Most of the mass school shooting have been by kids 18 or 19. So up the age to 21 when you can buy a gun, That gives the would be shooter a few years to cool off. Also to give him more time to spread his 'wisdom' on the net and therefore be in the sights of authorities, whether it's the FBI, local cops, parents, gf, whatever. Unless that person is totally silent he will give himself away. I keep saying 'he', 'him' because as far as I know no females of school age have been involved in these shootings.

Also I would be for FBI surveyance of people who buy say 4 or more machine guns, just to monitor what they are saying to their buddies, and if and when they start a real push to a shooting, the FBI or whatever will be ready to shut them down before any shooting takes place.

People who buy arsenals are not just hanging guns on the wall to show off to their testosterone laden buddies.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 17:161 edit

Making terroristic threats is a felony punishable by up to ten years. You are one more idiot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-shooting-fbi-was-alerted-about-threat-posted-youtube-n848316

I guess you are defending the 4 cops who were cowards too huh?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 18:102 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Making terroristic threats is a felony punishable by up to ten years. You are one more idiot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-shooting-fbi-was-alerted-about-threat-posted-youtube-n848316

I guess you are defending the 4 cops who were cowards too huh?
    Allegedly four sheriff deputies did not engage the shooter, and this deputy is placing blame on the school board. Watching this interview the optics of his argument combined with the inaction of his fellow deputies sounds like a conspiracy of inaction to gain funding...a neauseating thought to have, but will you tell me its too far a stretch of the imagination to formulate?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5739593871001/?#sp=show-clips
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 18:281 edit
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    Allegedly four sheriff deputies did not engage the shooter, and this deputy is placing blame on the school board. Watching this interview the optics of his argument combined with the inaction of his fellow deputies sounds like a conspiracy of inaction to gain funding...a neauseating thought to have, but will you tell me its too far a stretch of the imagination to formulate?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5739593871001/?#sp=show-clips
    I have found when someone is guilty they will stop at nothing trying to get out of it. I don't doubt much these days.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 18:49

He threatened to shoot up a school.

I know of a kid who did just that and is now serving jail time.

On social media he even has his name plastered for all to see yet the FBI could not find him?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 18:57
    Originally posted by @whodey
    He threatened to shoot up a school.

I know of a kid who did just that and is now serving jail time.

On social media he even has his name plastered for all to see yet the FBI could not find him?
    Who's the kid?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree